Chapter 13

Xvin, or also known as Earvin McGee in real-life, was one of the sons of a CEO of a large company in North America.

Earvin was known for being a spoiled brat. He dominated Arcadia in the early levels by buying expensive equipment backed by his father's money. But that doesn't mean he didn't deserve being one of the top players in the early areas.

Unlike other spoiled brats who completely milked their family's money and didn't achieve anything at all, Earvin managed to get the hidden class, Pyromancy.

Xvin was known throughout Herald City, Miranda Kingdom, and other surrounding cities because of his extreme proficiency in Pyromancy, especially his most powerful skill that killed many players, the SUNDOWN.

Xvin gained a lot of popularity, which also help him gain a lot of money. He was eventually established as the heir to their company. His father also allowed him to start his own guild in Arcadia. Until he began hunting a player that was called the Colosseum Hunter.

To increase his ranks in the global rankings, defeating a player that has a higher rank than you will immediately increase your ranks. For Xvin's case, the Colosseum Hunter was the next in line.

Earvin also found out that there was another player named Champion Hunter, who was also hunting down the Colosseum Hunter. With that, Earvin thought that he could track both of them down at the same time. He believed that both of them possessed another secret class.

And so, that day happened. Xvin found both of them fighting in the middle of a town square. Xvin intervened and obliterated them by blasting them with his powerful skill, SUNDOWN.

However, both of them weren't damaged at all. The Champion Hunter was annoyed at his intervention that he offered a cease-fire until he killed Xvin. But the Colosseum Hunter refused as he wanted himself to be the one to teach Xvin a lesson.

Suddenly, the duo did rock-paper-scissors in front of Xvin. Feeling that he was being mocked, Xvin unleashed another attack at them. But the explosion blocked his vision. The Colosseum Hunter emerged from the smoke and one-shotted him.

That battle became popular, and it tainted Xvin's reputation. It ruined him even more as it was eventually revealed that he was defeated by a man with a class of a Warrior. A Warrior job was one of the most basic classes in Arcadia.

To regain his reputation, Xvin hunted him down one more time, only to be killed by the Colosseum Hunter in a single attack once again.

Seeing that he wasn't strong after all, a lot of people that ranked below Xvin started hunting him down. He may have some matches, but it didn't increase his ranks as they were lower than him in the first place. However, for the fights that he lost, his placing in global rankings abruptly fell.

Xvin lost everything in both Arcadia and in real-life. His father couldn't accept his son being someone who was continually failing. He ended up supporting him and gave the founding of the guild to his brothers.

Years later, someone found the intoxicated Xvin in Arcadia. It was the same Warrior who lambasted him. Xvin ignored him upon seeing him as he lost the will to fight.

The Warrior reached out his hands and told him that there was something that he lacked. And that thing was about having a genuine relationship with people online.

The Warrior explained that there will be times that all players had to go under the rug just like him. But since they had friends they can rely on, everyone managed to get back on their feet.

Xvin was initially unmoved until the Warrior asked if he actually fought all the opponents that he defeated once again. Xvin was confused. The Warrior exclaimed that some of the people he fought might've gotten stronger than him after their battle. But because people he never reached out to those people, then he never knew that.