Chapter 21

[You entered a new area – Axel Tower Throne Room]

'W-what the? I-is this it?! Is this the real is this it?!'

Upon entering, Kane immediately saw that the room was different from the other floors. It was an entirely different room from the other quarters, including the rooms from the other Towers.

The room looked like some kind of church because of the multiple mosaic windows and its gothic-styled structure. And this room was even a lot more spacious than all of the other chambers that Kane entered.

The large circular transparent window at the end of the cathedral brightened the room by allowing the light to pass through. Kane could even see the whole Miranda Kingdom through that window except that someone was blocking his view. It was a man sitting on a gold plated seat.

Kane could feel his nervousness seeping in.

'What the hell? This is finally the boss? I only have 16 familiars left on my side.'

With the lack of a proper arsenal to face the final boss, Kane had to deal with this room with a different approach. He walked toward the sitting man, and then Kane kneeled.

"My King. I arrived."

Kane took the path of an idiot, hoping for the King to at least grant him a reward for being the first person to ever climb his Tower. But the King started laughing.

"Hahaha! What's with this? Do you wish to get your reward by bowing to me?"

"Uhhh, yeah. Aren't you lonely! I'm the very first person to ever believed you're here! No one did! I'm the first person to ever climbed this Tower for you, my King!"

"You're not the first one."

"Yes, correct. I'm the f-wait? What? I'm not the first one?"

When Kane thought that he broke another world record, Arcadia's harsh world replied that he was still not worthy of that attention.

"Precisely, boy. Not only that, the first one before you actually climbed this Tower properly. He killed my summoned monsters all by himself and climbed up to this Floor without relying on my Familiars."

But Kane was not backing down.

"Let's just say, I was creative, and I deserve creativity points for climbing your Tower that way. I still climbed the Tower out of the 5 billion players that were playing this game. Give me my reward!"

"Just because you reached this place, that doesn't mean a jester liked you is worthy of the rewards that I'll bestow. You still nee—"

BANG!

Without even letting him finish speaking, Kane took out his Galaxion Gunner and immediately fired at the King's chest.

"Just like what the books said about you, unlike your brothers, you are weak and mostly relied on your summons. Let's get this over with."

However, the King seemed to be unharmed and glared at Kane.

"Hehehe. What a fascinating fool."

BANG! BANG! BANG!

Kane fired a set of shots at him, but Axel immediately jumped back and hid behind his armored chair.

CHING! CHING! CHING! CHING! CHING!

Kane was perplexed upon seeing a hundred of gates appearing around him. Aside from that, multiple health bars also emerged from the gates, and one massive health bar appeared on top of Kane's screen.