Chapter 19

Kane looked around and bought everything that he could buy with his money. He bought potions, scrolls, armors, weapons, and even books, which could help him gain information about Axel Tower.

[Gold: 0]

'Now, I'm definitely stuck on this Kingdom again.'

But Kane was hopeful this time. He went inside a tavern and looked into the books that he bought. Kane tried to find a map of MIRANDA KINGDOM and found it in a book.

*Beep*

[Do you want to this map to be recorded – YES or NO]

'Ummm, of course, yes!'

[Map Recorded]

[Nethalion's eye level up]

[Nethalion's eye now level 2]

'Huh, what's going on? I didn't do anything at all. What's this skill again?'

[Passive Skill: Nethalion's Eye – LVL 2]

Allows that player to look into the world from the perspective of the great demon. The efficiency of this skill depends on the prior knowledge of a player.

[Cooldown: 50 Seconds]

[Nethalion's Eye updated your map.]

'My map?'

Kane opened his information box and saw the map of the Tavern that he was in. He zoomed out and saw that the map of Miranda Kingdom was already available. Still, the other places around the Kingdom were greyed out.

But Kane was surprised upon noticing other markings on the map, such as merchants, taverns, and even Jonas' house marked on his map. There were even names of the merchants and the items that could be bought from them. There were even places that Kane could click to see the monsters that could spawn in that place.

'Is that normal? I don't think Jonas' house would appear on other players.'

Kane zoomed in on the MIRANDA SQUARE to look for people. Unfortunately, only merchants were marked and not people. But on the Tavern that he was in, he saw that there were moving red circles.

'Hmmm, these looked like a minimap. Are these people?'

His suspicions were confirmed upon counting the number of circles. It was the same number as the number of people in the room.

Kane tried other experiments while he was heading toward Axel Tower. Kane learned that the circles were only appearing if they were right in front of his point of view. If they were behind him, the red dots would fade.

'Okay. So, these maps are updated in real-time. I can utilize this somehow.'

Seeing that he could finally achieve something alone, he took a deep breath before entering the massive doors of Axel Tower. After all this time, Kane has been carried by other players in his battles. This will be the first time he tried to raid without any help from other players. He grabbed the handle and pulled it.

[You need 100 STR to open this door.]

'Motherfucking shit! Bitch developers!! I was level 10!!'

And Kane's hopes and dreams went down to the drain. For a few minutes, Kane kept on mumbling, stomping, and cursing in front of the Tower. Kane could actually open the gates because he finally reached level 10 to increase his STR for 100 points. However, he died, that his stats were reverted back to level 8.

Kane looked around for solutions, but no monster could help him push the gates. Unlike other Towers located in the woods, Axel Tower was located inside the walls of the Kingdom.