"Hey! Hurry up!"

Birthos shouted at Kane because he was still in the middle of the room while they were all already ahead. While walking through the dark pathway, Dreyer was starting to doubt Birthos.

"Hey, Birthos, we're already tired. We also ran out of potions. How long do we have to continue this?"

"We're here."

CHIRP! CHIRP! CHIRP!

Upon heading to the next room, there was a large hole above them that allowed the light to pass through. The group was all delighted that they felt rejuvenated. Birthos walked forward and pointed at something big in front.

"Here we go, boys!"

The group immediately saw the sight of a massive red Monkey in the middle. But it was sleeping beside its gigantic staff. At that point, Dreyer no longer doubted Birthos.

"I had my doubts about you, Birthos. But I guess I was wrong. I guess B33FK1NG is really the real deal!"

Birthos smiled back as they finally reached the last stage due to their collective effort. If they continued like this, the Fruit Eye Cave would be cleared in ease. However, Kane had a different agenda. But Kane wasn't the only one.

Birthos also had a different plan.

'Well, well, well. Look at these idiots. They totally believed me. Now, I'll only need to dispose them.'

It turned out, Birthos was just like other players who takes advantage of the newbies. Since the Fruit Eye Cave will only release the rewards once the cave was cleared, only the survivors of the raid will receive the rewards regardless of their effort.

If Birthos was the only person that remained at the end of the hunt, then he will get all the rewards that were supposed to be distributed on his team. But killing another player will massively decrease a player's fame and reputation. However, Birthos planned to kill them, not by his hands, but in the hands of the Boss in front of them.

On the other hand, Kane, the other person with a different agenda, tried to look around for Moonshards. But just like before, it wasn't present in the room.

Slowly, Birthos tried to walk away from the group. He knew what the attack pattern of this Boss was. And the first attack was an immediate leap attack after it awakened. The Monkey would jump to the sky and will dive down to a particular area. The targeted area was usually part of the room where a lot of players gathered.

In a couple of steps away, Birthos could dodge the Monkey's first attack. However, he will be suspicious if he survived the attack that others didn't. To avoid the attack without others suspecting him, Birthos planned to volunteer in waking the Monkey up.

'Now, his first attack is a jump attack. He will definitely dive into a group of people. For me not to get hit, I needed to pretend to attack him fir—'

As Birthos was about to volunteer, Dreyer suddenly shouted.

"Hey, Kane. Since you didn't do anything since the start. Why don't you try to wake the Monkey first? Wake him up, then go back."

'SHIT!!'

Birthos was surprised. His plan was ruined.

'What the hell is this shitty Dreyer saying? Wait a minute... is he... does he wanted to sacrifice Kane too?!?!'

It turned out, Dreyer also had another ruse. While oblivious to the Monkey's attack pattern, Dreyer thought it was a good idea to let Kane get killed after he awakened the Boss. But it completely ruined Birthos' plans.