Chapter 2

A black wolf with crimson red shading on the tip of her ears, tails, and paws woke up with a yawn. She stretched a bit before standing up straight. She looked to the golden wolf laying next to her asleep and then to the outside of the den.

She walked out and was greeted with a familiar scent of wolves. The area she was in like a cave fest, dens on each side, holding her pack members inside. "Good morning pipsqueaks, had a goodnight rest?" She looked over to the owner of the voice.

It was a black old wolf with a red under belly and some grey lines on its back.

"Yes uncle Qrow, now I'm ready to hunt!" She said proudly and excitedly, getting into a stance that usually she gets in when she wants to play. "Let's wait till everyone is up, then we will go hunting." He said. "Uggh fine." The she wolf's tail drooped and she rolled her eyes before wagging it again and going pass Qrow. "Ruby, where are you headed?" He asked.

"I'm just going out for a walk, no biggy." Ruby said before running off. Qrow shook his head and sighed.

"Remember if you encounter a white fang pack member you."

Ruby sighed. "Attack on sight, Uncle Qrow I know that, you don't have to tell me every single time." She said before darting off in the woods and she ran for a bit before stopping and shaking the snow off of her.

She went on the path she usually takes and just padded off on it. She hummed a tune and bobbed her head to it. The walk wasn't long but oh boy it wasn't short. She went to the streaming frozen river and began to drink from the places that isn't frozen.

That's how cold it was in the Atlas forest, rivers, full freaking rivers freeze.

The nice cool refreshing water always gets her in a good mood than what she be in.

"Let me go! I want momma!" She heard a voice said and she stood on full alert. She darted off behind a tree before whoever it was could make it to the place.

The wolf leaped onto the ice and it was surprising how it didn't break. The pup he was holding didn't look like a wolf pup, it was a dog's. She sniffed the air, yeah totally a dog and a wolf who isn't suppose to be in this territory.

'Thats Adam! What is he doing with a dog pup?! He must of stole it's

Ruby lowered herself as she was waiting for the nice moment to strike.

He dropped the pup on the freezing ice and the pup landed on his side and whimpered from the impact.

"This is to teach that husky a lesson." Adam growled and began breaking the ice under him, any second now and that puppy was toast. "No one ever leaves me and gets away with it!" He growled, one more second and that ice will break.

Ruby couldn't just stand there and do nothing. The camera cuts to her hind legs for a moment and then it felt like all sounds just stopped before she leaped. She growled out at Adam taking him by surprise, having no time to react, Ruby had the upper hand and was attacking fast since she was known in her pack to be the fastest, wearing out the prey and taking victory. Adam managed to push her back and growl at her. He growled getting in a fighting stance with his tail up in the air. "Why must you beacon wolves get in the way of everything!" He yelled.

Ruby backed up slowly not to break the ice and got in front of the pup. Even if it was another type of dog species, it still was a baby, she can't let a baby die.

"I'll kill you first!" He growled but looked behind her seeing glowing eyes and shadows of wolves walking  in the forest behind her.

"Are you sure about that?" She asked, knowing her family and friends were behind her without even staring.