Chapter 25 : Apologise

Start from the beginning

"Please, hyung. Just for tonight"

Beomgyu convinced. Yeonjun clenches his fists tighter. Hearing Beomgyu's words broke his heart. Turning around, he met eyes with a smiling Beomgyu as beside the male was Taehyun who's holding Beomgyu's arm dearly while hanging his head low. He has mixed feelings. A part of him wanted to leave but a part of him wanted to stay there.

"I'll go change. You both can talk here"

Beomgyu said. Taehyun didn't answer nor react. Beomgyu placed a soft kiss on Taehyun's head, even though the silvernette is wet, but his strawberry scent still remains there. Not that strong, but still there. Then the ravenette left.

Taehyun raised his head, staring at the scarlet hair male, as Yeonjun fidgets with his fingers. The atmosphere between the two males are tense. Yeonjun is looking everywhere but Taehyun's eyes.

"Come in, don't just stand there. I'm gonna go get some towels"

Taehyun blurted out after the long thick and uncomfortable silence, walking away to his room. Yeonjun hesitantly walks into the room, before sitting on the sofa, staring at the first aid kit and the bloody cloth on the floor. Just then, he feels someone tapping his back. He turns his head around and Taehyun was handing him a towel as his other hand is wiping his own hair. Yeonjun takes it, as Taehyun sits across him. But the older just stare emptily at the towel, not bother to wipe his hair or body.

"Do you hate me?"

Yeonjun suddenly asked. Taehyun stops his movements, looking at the vampire in front of him.

"To be honest, yes"

Taehyun answered, honestly. Yeonjun chuckles dryly. He had seen such answer coming which is why he gulped the lump in his throat.

"You know, since meeting you, Beomgyu had changed"

Yeonjun replied, eyes still staring at the towel as if it was the most interesting in earth. Taehyun answers with a hum.

"That kid is so pure and honest, but sometimes naughty too. He had never abandoned the tasks given to him before. Not until he met you, Taehyun"

Yeonjun added.

"Task?"

The vampire nods.

"Me and Beomgyu were sent here to find and kill the next heir of Minseol but, he doesn't seems to remember about it and spent more times with you"

Taehyun bites his lips.

"I'm sorry"

Yeonjun finally raises his head, looking at the silvernette that was playing with the hem of his own shirt.

"Don't be sorry. To tell you the truth, I had never seen that side of Beomgyu before. The way he looks at you in a loving way, the way the sparks in his eyes lighten up when the meet yours, his smile seems genuine and most importantly, he's happy. With you"

Smiling, Taehyun nods his head.

"That little brother of yours, is so stubborn. There was this time where I forced him to drink my bloodㅡ"

"He drank your blood?"

Yeonjun cuts him off.

"Yeah, is something wrong?"

"You.. didn't.. report him... to the vampire hunters?"

Taehyun finally realises that Yeonjun's face was pure worried. Not for his own safety, but his little brother.

"No"

"But why?"

"I don't know. I can't. I couldn't. I can't even kill him after stabbing him the other nightㅡ even tho I did all of those, like stabbing him, ignoring him for weeks he still treats me like a person! He should have ripped my neck off or somethingㅡ but he didn't"

Yeonjun's breath hitches. Tears forming in Taehyun's eyes as he remembers the guilts he got after treating Beomgyu like shit for weeks.

Looking at the walls, the scarlet hair vampire seems to have having some flashbacks of him and Beomgyu. Yeonjun suddenly snorts.

"That kid is stubborn"

Taehyun smiles as well.

"Yeah, he is"

He replied, adverting his gaze to Beomgyu's room.

"And an idiot too"

They both said in unison. Exchanging looks with each other, they soon bursted out laughing.

"Hey, Tae. Wanna hear some secrets about Beom?"

Taehyun smirks, looking around to make sure that Beomgyu isn't there before nodding his head, eagerly. Yeonjun scooted closer, whispering and spiling Beomgyu's secrets that only the both of them will know. Sometimes exchanging laughter with each other. And that is when Taehyun realise, Yeonjun really loves his little brother. But they didn't know that Beomgyu is peeking from inside his room, smiling from ear to ear looking at his sunshine laughing happily with his hyung.

Those two would make a chaotic duo.