Chapter 05 : 20cm

He's in a deep thought. Taehyun is sitting in the living room, anxiously shaking his legs while scrolling his phone. He sometimes would steal some glances at Beomgyu who is diligently cooking in the kitchen. He drinks his Pororo drink as he turns on the bluetooth speaker and plays a song named <Dear Sputnik> by TOMORROW X TOGETHER on his phone.

(u better stream 'dear sputnik' audio in youtube for hyuka's upcoming birthday, or iㅡ *sharpens a knife* will aggressively poke u with this knife)

He lays on the sofa comfortably. But after a while, he gets up and place his phone on the table before walking to the kitchen. He crosses his arms, leaning against the wall observing the older from behind.

Beomgyu is wearing an apron as his hair is still tied into a ponytail. He scans Beomgyu's figure from head to toes. The older has a well built body figure. From Beomgyu broad shoulders to his biceps, slim waist and long legs. Everything is perfect. Taehyun licks his lips as his eyes are still scanning the older.

"Are you having fun checking me out?"

Beomgyu blurted out. Taehyun flinches at Beomgyu's sharp senses.

"Do you need any help?"

The younger questioned changing the topic while trying to sound as natural as possible. Beomgyu is currently chopping some kimchi while checking on the boiling chicken soup at the same time.

"You wanna help?"

Beomgyu said while blowing the soup on  the spoon before tasting it. Taehyun gulped. The younger just hums jn response.

"Help me chop this kimchi, I want to season this chicken soup"

Beomgyu replied. Again, Taehyun hums in return and walks towards the male. Beomgyu hands him the knife and Taehyun takes it. The older then focus on seasoning the chicken soup while Taehyun is staring at the kimchi in front of him.

He never cooked for himself before, and this morning he only cooked ramen for himself but messed it up as well. He is struggling to hold the knife. He slowly cut the kimchi, focusing on every cut he makes. His lips pouting as he put 100% of his concentration on cutting the kimchi.

Beomgyu steals a quick glance at the younger and let out a small laugh. Taehyun stops on what he was doing and looks at Beomgyu beside him. He furrowed his eyebrows. Did he do something wrong?

"What?"

"That is not how you cut a kimchi, Taehyun-ssi"

Beomgyu teased. Taehyun's eyes widen and looks at the fully destroyed kimchi in front of him. Well, he didn't actually cut the kimchi, he did a full surgery on it. Taehyun bites his lips in embarrassment.

"Sorry, I messed it up"

He apologised. Beomgyu's eyes soften at a sulky Taehyun who was stirring the kimchi with his hand, lips still pouting. Beomgyu wanted to pinch the younger's cheek right there and now while telling him how cute and adorable he is. Moreover, Beomgyu indeed has a soft spot for the younger. Without uttering any words, Beomgyu turns off the stove and washes his hand.

He takes the destroyed kimchi and takes a new one  from the plastic bag. Beomgyu bought some extra instant kimchi in case, they messed up in cooking. He even bought some instant rice. He put the new kimchi in front of Taehyun. The younger looks at him with a confused pikachu face. Beomgyu laughs. Just then, the song changes into a new song, named <Fever> by ENHYPEN.

"Here, let me help you"

Beomgyu goes behind him and places his hand on top of Taehyun's hand that was holding the knife, while his other hand is holding Taehyun's other hand that was holding the kimchi. Taehyun's heart is pumping hard against his ribs. He could feel the older's breath fanning his neck.

Despite their body being pressed to each other, Beomgyu's eyes are going back and forth to the kimchi and Taehyun's neck in front of him. He's tempted. He hasn't drink any blood yet and a vampire's hunger for blood isn't the same as a normal mortal's hunger for food.

Fuck. This is not good.

Beomgyu takes a deep breath. The lyrics of the song playing in the backround isn't helping at all. His hunger for blood is getting higher. The younger's strawberry scent enters his nostrills and the way his breath hitches everytime he does skin contacts with the younger isn't helping.

My body is burning up because of you

My heart thirsts because of you

Like a fever, fever, fever, fever

I want to embrace you

But he has to restrain himself or he'll hurt the innocent silver hair male in front of him. He focuses and helps Taehyun cutting the kimchi in the right way while resting his chin on the younger's shoulder. Taehyun could feel the butterflies in his stomach.

He's staring at Beomgyu's hands that are perfectly size to hold his own tiny hands and how perfectly their position is to make him feel all kind of things. The rush in his feelings are real. Taehyun himself could feel it.

Am I.. falling for a stranger?

He thought. He snorts. How is it possible, him, Kang Taehyun, the same boy who don't believe in love falling for a stranger right?

Maybe my puberty just startedㅡ

He keeps on contemplating with his own thoughts, not realising that Beomgyu had pulled himself away from him.

"ㅡand that's how you cut kimchi, Kang"

Taehyun snaps out of his thoughts. He turns around to Beomgyu only to find out that the older's face is mere inches away from his. Their noses touching, and the older's breath fanning his face. The moment is like they're in their own magic island, and one of them is confessing to their (dear) sputnik swearing under the moonlight to be with each other for eternity.

He stares deep into Beomgyu's eyes and realised that, the older's eyes is crimson red colored. He traces his fingers under Beomgyu's eyes, staring deep into the older's crimson red orbs.

"Are they your real eyes?"

Beomgyu's eyes went wide in an instant. He may or may not forget to put on his contacts.

"Noㅡ they're not"

He lied. Taehyun nods. Beomgyu then free himself from Taehyun's hands with his cheeks flushed at Taehyun's intense stare into his eyes. Taehyun realised what he was doing and looks avoid his gaze with Beomgyu, cheeks flushed red. It's not even days since they've met each other and this Beomgyu guy is making him feeling things in just one day.

"Uhm.. should we eat?"

Beomgyu invited. Taehyun just nods. Both not looking into each other's eyes as the atmosphere between them is getting awkward.

Seriously, Choi Beomgyu.. who gave you the permission to make me feel like this?