Chapter 3

Chapter 3

That night I had called Taylor and told her everything about him. The only thing I left out was the fact that I wanted to see him again. I don't know why, but I just knew I wanted to see him very badly. Of course I couldn't tell her, because I couldn't even explain all these feelings to myself. We had laughed about it and then Taylor told me we had to go her aunt one of these days, to get our measurements done for the dress. I still don't know why I'm going, let alone what dress I'll wear. I think I'll just let Taylor choose, she probably already did!

The next day I went to school, but nothing much happened. From there I went to work, with the idle hope that I might see him again. Unfortunately, he wasn't there. Why do I even like this guy? I mean, sure, he looks like a model, but he's the most unpleasant person I have ever met, and that's putting it kindly. So why couldn't I stop thinking of this idiot? Taylor had noticed that I was absent during classes, because I couldn't stop thinking about him. It were those intense eyes, there was something about them. Taylor knew something was bothering me, but she didn't ask. She knew that if I wanted to tell her, I would. But this was just something I didn't want to share.  After a while I found it was best I didn't see him, because he was nothing to me, except for an arrogant jerk! Finally, the logic side of my brain had kicked in! Then, on that Monday, Taylor invited me over, probably to cheer me up or make me forget about school and work. I drove to her house with my old, shabby car, because I can't afford a new car and walked up to her house. Her mom opened the door and told me I could walk straight to Tay's room. When I walked in, I saw her whole room looking like a disaster! There were sleeping bags, chips, drinks, cookies, movies, CD's, games, make up and clothes all over the place.

'Hey, these are the items we'll be needing for tonight', she said with a mysterious voice.

I just smiled back and asked: 'So what will we be doing first?'

'I wanna do make up!' she exclaimed.

After the make up and the dress up, we decided to watch a movie and pig out. As usual, we had a discussion about which movie to choose. Taylor, as always, wanted a romantic movie, while I wanted a horror movie. Eventually, we settled for a comedy, which contained a lot of action. When the movie was finished we put on Bruno Mars' CD, 'cause even I like him. Even though I've given up on love, you gotta love Bruno Mars. We decided to play a game, because, even though it's not a teen thing to do, we just love board games. We're both very competitive and we love to cheat, what makes a board game way more fun. We chose Monopoly, because I just love a lot of money. We didn't end the game very well, because Taylor had found out I kept taking money from the bank and eventually it ended in an argument which both of us lost. There we were, sitting on our bean bags with absolutely nothing to do anymore.

'There's gotta be something we can do, right?' I asked hopefully.

'I don't know, we've done about everything two girls can do, without sneeking to a party,' she answered me.

'I have an idea!' I suddenly yelled.

'Is it a good one?' Taylor asked me suspicious.

'Of course is it, now listen! Why don't we bake a cake? I haven't done that in ages,' I told her.

'You know, that's a pretty good idea' she said.

Taylor then grabbed her laptop, while I ran to the kitchen. We searched for a chocolate cake recipe, because everybody loves a good chocolate cake. After a few seconds we found a good looking recipe and I started to get the ingredients, while Taylor grabbed the pans and everything. About a half an hour later, we were done and we put the chocolate cake into the oven. Taylor grabbed another movie, a romantic one this time, because I was too tired to protest. Halfway during the movie, the cake was ready and we divided it in half and took it back in front of the TV. There we ate the whole thing and we watched the movie end. Well, that's what I thought, until I looked next to me and saw a sleeping Taylor. I cleaned everything up and then brought our sleeping bags downstairs. I gently pushed Taylor into her sleeping bag, before settling into mines. Just before I fell into a long, dreamless sleep, I smiled to myself and thought: This had been the first night of fun I had in a very long time.