Chapter 1

• Dedicated to Lisa (My Older Sister, She's Always There For Me And I Can Always Rely On Her. S

Hey you guys! This is the first book I have ever let some one else read and I'm hoping you guys will comment as much as you can and want, ofcourse! :D I want all the critique I can get and for you readers: Thank You So Much! You're The Best! And I hope you enjoy!!! :D

Have Fun Reading! (I Hope! :D)

Chapter 1                                       

' Elena!' 

 Immediately I was brought back into reality, aware that somebody was calling me. But who?

' Elena, what are you doing?' 

 It was my best friend, Taylor, who had a worried look on her face.

'Why were you smiling?' she asked.

 Had I smiled? I didn't know, I was just dreaming away, like I always do. I was dreaming about a guy I had met earlier and he had left a big impression on me. That guy had been one of a kind. Ever since I met him, I've been hoping of meeting him again. You probably want to know and even if you don't, I'm still gonna tell you.

School went by very boring and I had nothing to look forward to that day. After school, I had to work and then study for a major English quiz. My friend Taylor, as always, just kept on talking about a subject that had been on everyone's mind. I, on the other hand, have been trying to forget the whole thing. Prom was coming up. I hate Prom, simple as that. My reasons? I have plenty of reasons.

First of all, I can't dance. I can't ' move to the groove'  and I can't 'shake it up'.

My second reason is the fact that I don't have money for cool dances. I actually don't have money for a lot of things. Wait, let me rephrase that. I have a job, so I do get enough money to buy nice dresses and matching shoes. It's just that I can't actually buy them.

The reason? I'm saving up for college. It's been my dream ever since I was little! To go the college of my dreams, I'm making a lot of sacrifices. I study every night, so I can be a straight A student, with the exception of one lousy B for Gym, but you can't have it all right? I was made for learning, not running! This probably won't come in handy, if some psycho maniac ever tries to kill me, but I'll see when that moment comes. I want to get into college to get a good job, so I can support my family.

I come from a poor family and I want to take care of my family, because my father can't work due to an injury. I've got two little brothers and one baby sister. I'm not the oldest, my bigger brother was, but he's gone, just like my mom. Not in the way that they moved out, but in the way that I'll never be able to see them again. Thinking about them hurts. They weren't supposed to die!

This whole mess had happened on a dark night and I bet you're thinking right now: What a shocker! I know, doesn't everything bad happen on a dark night? But it wasn't  a normal night, that night had changed everything and it didn't just take away my mom and my brother, it had also left my father injured. That night has made me to the girl I am now. I don't trust people easily, nor will I ever. Some things leave scars for life. Okay, I have completely drifted off. I want to talk about my reasons of hating prom.

Well, my third reason it that when you go to a normal dance, you can go with your girls. Our school doesn't have dances, just proms. I don't know what it's like at other schools, but unfortunately, at our school you have to go with a date. It's an unwritten law.

To make my point clear, there had been a girl, named Suzie, who had gone alone to Prom and to meet her friends there. You know what happened to that poor girl? They laughed and laughed at her, from the moment she walked in till the moment she had left the prom. The girl had the guts to stay, but eventually left when the popular clique (those are the cheerleaders and the jocks)  decided to throw punch all over her dress. I know, very cliché, but that was the last any one had ever seen of Suzy. Sad, right ?