Two

Illumi's pov

  "You look stressed," Chrollo chuckled from the corner of the room.

  I glared at him, then turned back to my work. "You would be too if you were in my position, Chrollo."

  He walked over to me and started rubbing my shoulders. I frowned but didn't tell him to stop. I wouldn't admit it, but it felt nice, and I was starting to slowly relax. I closed my eyes and leaned back into my chair, letting Chrollo's hands work their magic.

  "How long have you been sitting here for?" He asked, tucking my hair behind my ear.

  "Four days," I told him. "I didn't think Hisoka would be this hard to locate, damn it."

  Laughing, Chrollo patted my shoulder. "You should rest. And my offer is still open, you know."

  I opened my eyes and turned to look at him. "I'm still considering it. And thank you."

  "Why are you thanking me?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

  "You've made me feel welcome," a small blush crept up to my cheeks. "And I suppose I'm starting to think of you as an ally."

  He smiled at me. "Join the troupe, Illumi," he said in a soft voice. "We can help you locate Hisoka."

  I sighed, leaning back into my chair. I gave Chrollo a faint smile and squeezed his hand. "Okay. I'll join the troupe on one condition. I get to kill Hisoka."

  "Of course," Chrollo replied. "Now come on, you need some rest."

  I stood up and Chrollo pulled me into a hug. I tensed up, not wanting to trust the hug completely. Chrollo pulled away and placed his hands on my shoulders, giving me a smile. We left the room together and went into the bedroom of the hotel we were staying at. Chrollo was only with me because he wanted to help find Hisoka, so I found no reason to object to his wishes. Now, I'll have help from both him and the troupe.

  We undressed and got into bed, staying on our separate halves and not touching one another. That was another thing. The hotel room only had one bed, so we had been sharing for the past week. I didn't mind. I had grown accustomed to sharing a bed by this point, so that wasn't really a problem. The problem was that Chrollo moved a lot in his sleep, which usually resulted in me being hugged or rolled on. And that would wake me up.

  I turned the lamp off and we both fell asleep. At around three in the morning, I got woken up by a large weight on my legs. I sighed and looked down. Chrollo was wrapped around my legs and had his face pressing into my hips. I smiled softly and slowly untangled myself from him. I picked up my cigarettes and lighter and walked onto the balcony. It was a clear night, and the sky was still dark and scattered with stars. It was pretty. I closed my eyes and took a puff from the cigarette.

  "Did I wake you again?" I heard Chrollo ask from behind me.

  "It doesn't matter," I said. "Why are you awake?"

  Chrollo chuckled and stood next to me. "I felt that you left, and I wanted to check if you were okay."

  I handed him a cigarette and lit it for him. We stood together and looked at the view below us. The lights of the city were twinkling lightly and I felt myself slowly relax. Chrollo leaned over the balcony and looked down, laughing lightly.

  "It's funny," he said quietly, still looking down. "That we are both wanting to kill the same person."

  I chuckled and shook my head, taking another puff from my cigarette. "It is, though it being Hisoka is no surprise."

  Chrollo smiled and straightened his back. "We'll find him Illumi, I promise. And once we do you can kill him."

  I just nodded my head. "If you killed him I would kill you, just so you know."

  "I wouldn't expect anything else from you."

  I sighed and finished my cigarette. "I'm going back in. I need to find Hisoka."

  "I'll join you soon," Chrollo replied. "Don't do anything too crazy though, okay?"

  "Why not? Nothing matters until I kill Hisoka," I said quietly.

  Chrollo looked sad when I said that and I frowned. I walked back into the room and made myself some coffee to wake myself up. I picked up my phone and saw that Hisoka messaged me. I growled and slammed my phone onto the counter. I hated him. I started to shake, staring at my phone. Chrollo came in and quickly came up to me, placing his hand on my back.

  "You should lie down again, Illumi," he said. He sounded concerned.

  "Fine," I snapped. "Why do you care, anyway?"

  "I just don't want to see you hurting yourself over Hisoka," Chrollo said after a momentary pause.

  "Don't worry, Hisoka isn't worth it. I just want to kill him right now," I told him as we walked back to the bedroom.

  I got back into the bed and curled up into a ball, facing Chrollo. He smiled at me and started stroking my hair softly. I smiled back at him and moved closer to him. I felt bad for snapping at him. He had been nothing but a good help the last few months.

  "I'm sorry," I said, pressing my face into his shoulder. "I should thank you for being helpful."

  Chrollo didn't say anything and just kept stroking my hair. The silence between us wasn't awkward but welcoming. It allowed me to think. I knew where Hisoka would be and I knew what I had to do. But I was starting to doubt myself. Could I actually kill him? He was the only person who was nice to me, the only one who understood me. The only person who ever loved me.

  No. He murdered Killua, my dearest brother, in cold blood. I will kill him, no matter what. Even if I died in the process. I am willing to give my life for Killua's revenge. Hisoka will not come out of this alive.

  A tear fell down my cheek and I found myself sobbing heavily into Chrollo's shoulder. I was pathetic, crying over a man who never really loved me. Chrollo rubbed my back, whispering into my hair. It only brought back memories, making me cry harder. 

  "I can't do this," I whispered, tears still streaming down my face. "I'm too weak."

  Chrollo cupped my face with his hands, making me look into his eyes. "Illumi Zoldyck. You are not too weak. Everyone feels emotions, including you. You deserve to cry right now, anyone else would."

  I blinked back my tears and nodded my head. He was right. I wasn't trained for this situation, so I should have expected to become emotional. I slowly wrapped my arms around Chrollo and hugged him. It had been a while since I hugged anyone, and I was still hesitant towards trusting anyone. Chrollo hugged me back and I slowly relaxed into the embrace.

  "We have to go to heavens arena," I said, my voice shaking slightly. "Hisoka will be there. I know it."

  Chrollo nodded and we got out of bed, starting to prepare for our trip to the arena.