Seven

°°••••°°°°••••°°°°••••°°

The next day Cordelia woke up early in the morning...she got ready and went to the common room where she found Julius already waiting for her with his head buried in his book.

Last night after the prefects have shown them to their rooms, she wrote to her dad. This morning she still hasn't got the reply which she is waiting for.

Thy both set off to the gryffindor dormitory to meet up with the other two. While walking there, they shared which subject they were excited for the most.

"I think potions for me. What about you Cori?"

"First, don't call me that. Second, DADA I s'oppose."

They reached the potrait and waited for them to come out which didn't take to long. But they were suprised when Hermione came with them too.

"Hi! Congratulations on your house. I'm excited, I heard Slytherin and Gryffindor have most classes together, good for us right?" She said at once hugging Cordelia which made her feel uncomfortable. She tried to hide her grimace.

"Yeah, good. Let's go to the Great hall. I'm starving."

All of them agreed. The three others were walking in the front goofing around.

"Harry and Ron, they don't want to be even near me, do they?"

Hermione grimaced which soon turned into a scowl as she told Cordelia of their conversation last night, " they said that all Slytherin are bad and you are a Slytherin so they didn't want to be near you."

"But that's not true. I read that Merlin was a Slytherin and I have read the criteria of each house. You don't need to be bad to be Slytherin. Plus, its just that Slytherins are self-preservative which sometimes lead them to the bad side. And besides you belong in every house, remember?" Cordelia smiled at Hermione for taking her side.

"Now , come on. We are too behind. " She grabbed her arm and started running towards the rest.

It was Tuesday so they decided to sit on the Gryffindor table. " You know, we can do it like this. On Monday we sit at our respective tables and rest of the days alternate. You know because there are 7 days in a week. Odd number." Cordelia suggested as they sat down.

The rest agreed with the exception of Hermione.

Cordelia watched as Ron and Harry ignored her and sat far away with other first years.