There was a silence that fell between us. I didn't know what to say. I knew that my reaction to his rut would have hurt him quite a bit, but I didn't know how to go about apologizing to him. Should I just be blunt and say sorry? Should I ease into it?

"I'm sorry."
"I'm sorry."

We both spoke at the same time. We looked at each other eyes wide. Then we started laughing.

"What are you sorry for?" Jungkook asked as his laughter died down.

"I shouldn't have reacted that way when you started your rut. I know that it's something that you can't control," I said apologetically, looking down at my hands.

He didn't answer me. I looked up to see Jungkook staring at me with an expression of disbelief.

"You're... You're amazing do you know that?" Jungkook said looking at me with a small smile.

"Huh?"

"I should be the one apologizing to you for scaring you," Jungkook said with an apologetic look. "You reacted like how any Human would react when there's a horny Hybrid going after you."

"Well, it's something that you can't control, right?" I asked. "I should have been prepared for facing ruts of Hybrids because I knew that it was a thing. It's not your fault. This is your home and I made you feel uncomfortable and unwelcomed in your own home."

"No, but I'm the Hybrid. I should've been more aware of my ruts and I should've been more careful around you," Jungkook argued.

"Your rut was provoked by me, wasn't it?" I argued back. "Honestly, it's not your fault. I should've-"

Jungkook cut me off when he started laughing. "Are we really arguing about who was more wrong?"

I paused. "I guess we are," I said laughing along.

"Well, how are we going to solve this problem?" He asked. 

"We're both could've done better?" I suggested. "That work for you?"

"Yes," Jungkook nodded.

"Good, that works for me too," I said with a smile.

We sat on my bed in silence. Unlike before, the silence this time was more comfortable. I didn't mind spending time like this with Jungkook. I think this was the first time we really had a full-on conversation with each other. 

"Uh, Y/N?" Jungkook cut through the silence.

"Mhm?"

"Can I ask you for a favour?" Jungkook asked, his voice full of nerves.

"What is it?"

"Well, the thing is... Uh... My partner and I are trying to come up with another project to make a feature film. And he brought up the idea of making a movie about a vigilante going around and protecting Hybrids," Jungkook began as he started fiddling with his fingers. "And the more I listened to his idea, I realized that he was talking about you and what you did for the Hybrid population in Seoul."

My eyes grew wide.

"So, if it's alright with you, I'd like to make a movie that was inspired by what you've done," Jungkook said looking at me with eyes full of hope but fear that I would reject it.

"Me?"

Jungkook nodded.

"But, I'm- Me?" I asked again. He nodded again. "I'm so boring. Are you sure you want to do a movie about me losing my temper, going around punching people, and going to the station like clockwork?"

Jungkook chuckled at how I described my life. "Basically, yeah. You might not be aware, but you are like a superhero to all the young Hybrids listening to your story. Of course, the movie won't follow your life story exactly. We'd have our own creative freedom, but if you agree to it. I think we'll be able to make a great movie about how Hybrids are still being oppressed even though there are laws protecting us and that there are Humans who would do everything they can to protect Hybrids."

I was at a loss for words. I didn't think that me losing my temper and going to prison would be inspirational to Hybrids.

"Uh... Do you think I can think about it?" I asked.

"Of course," Jungkook said with a smile.

He stood up and headed to the door. He stopped at the doorway and turned back at me with a soft, warm smile.

"I really am sorry for nearly assaulting you," Jungkook said once more.

"Jungkook-ah," I said with a smile. "You didn't assault me. Trust me, I know what assault is." Jungkook's smile faded. He opened his mouth to say something but I cut him off. "I'll tell you later, I promise. I'm just not ready yet."

Jungkook nodded and thankfully didn't ask any more questions. He left my room and closed the door behind him. Leaving me to my own thoughts.

☆