Ch.3

《Swearing and light fluff》

I shot up from my chair as I heard an alarm go off and the emergency lights flick on. "Shit, he's here." I growled and quickly made my way to the arsenal. I clipped on utility and weapon belts and harnesses, filling every available pocket and holster with any weapon I could. "Load the trunk with whatever you can, I will keep him distracted." I said to Dabi before heading back to the screens and activating traps the intruder tried to avoid.

I pressed another button, opening the garage that hid my back up car. I always stayed prepared, exactly for situations like this. Hoping what I set up was enough to proccupy the man I set up the self destruct system.

"Alright, we're good!" Dabi shouted from down the hall. I quickly started the timer, hauling ass as I got out of there. I got into the passenger seat and we were quickly speeding out of there. "Where to next?" Dabi asked, checking the rear view mirror. I looked out the window and bit my lip.

"I'm not sure, I know we can't keep running but I don't know how to win against what that man has built." I said with a large sigh.

"We know my resources are just about exhausted, got any friends in your world?" Dabi asked, taking a moment to glance at me. My eyes hardened as I thought.

"Yeah, I know some people. They haven't been in this life as long as us but they are good at what they do." I said. "Don't have our phones anymore though, made sure-" I stopped talking as a very large explosion went off a few miles behind us. "-our phones just blew up." I finished my thought. I knew I didn't get him with that move though. A giant ball of light shot up from the distant flames. I couldn't remember exactly what his Quirk was but it had been imprinted into my brain it was stronger than I was.

"You aren't going to be happy where we are going next Love." I said, putting a hand on Dabi's thigh as he drove. He automatically knew where I was talking about. You aren't one to make a call that won't do us some sort of good." Dabi reasoned more with himself than anything else.

"We are out of there as soon as I got everything I need." I said.

"You are so damn lucky I love you, damn it." Dabi growled lightly. I gave his thigh a squeeze, wanting to ease him.

"If it wasn't good I wouldn't make you go back there but my connections are there. I can get all the Intel we need first and foremost." I said.

"I know and I trust your calls. Doesn't stop me from hating the place though." Dabi groaned. I leaned over the center console and pressed a tender kiss to his cheek.

"Hopefully we won't be there long, I don't think we could spare much time either way." I mumbled as I sat back in my seat. Dabi intertwined his rough fingers with mine as he drove. It wasn't far to where we were headed but knowing what could be right behind us made it feel ten times longer.

Once we got to town I had Dabi stop at a gas station so I could use a payphone. I entered the amount of change it called for then fialed the number I have learned to keep memorized.

"Hello! Mina speaking!!" The woman's cheerful voice spoke.

"Hey there girly, been a while huh?" I spoke into my side of the phone.

"Oh my god- (Y/N)?! Damn girl, how long has it been?!? I thought you might have dropped dead!" Mina shouted over the phone. I chuckled, glancing over at Dabi for a moment.