Chapter 89: Shadow and fulling prophecy

Start from the beginning

The intruders were taken care of. That was good, that was excellent. Now the portal just needed to remain stable.

Jisung had been focusing so hard on the magic in the portal he barely register how his jaw began to ache from being clenched, or how his arms began to tremble because of his tense fingers.

"Thank you, Jisung," the warlock heard Wonpil mumbled gratefully while more of his magic return to the portal, restoring its former stability and adding more red to the blue and white magical swirl. Jisung felt himself relax a bit after Wonpil's magic had fully returned. This had been a closer call than any of them would ever realize.

Seungmin returned to Jisung's side, raising his hands and letting his magic find its way to the portal before they were interrupted by a familiar voice.

"We need help evacuate the injured," Jeongin's voice chimed in. Jisung looked to the side and suddenly there stood the blond kitsune. His hands held before his body, holding each other. For once, Jisung had the feeling he could fully read and understand Jeongin's body language and facial expressions. For once, Jisung was sure that he other was in no way hiding some of his emotions. For once, was Yang Jeongin an open book and his distress was more than obvious.

The younger boy's shoulders were tense and slightly raised, his orange eyes flickered around nervously in search of something, his hands were held close to his body and the fox ears on top of his head twitched around anxiously.

"All of Stray Kids, go," Wonpil said, taking the attention away from Jeongin and onto himself. Seungmin opened his mouth ready to argue, but Wonpil interrupted him before he could get one word out, "I will take care of the portal. Dowoon will cover me."

Jisung felt almost obligated to tell the other that he was way too tired to keep this up by himself, but then a magic shimmer seemed to fall around the oldest Kim brother. Glimmering, black horns became visible on his head, followed by whipping tail with a pointy end. Even the older's hands changed to a much darker color and his nails became longer and sharper, but the most impressive part was the change in aura.
Usually, Wonpil seemed kind and open, but now his whole presence spoke of unimaginable power   combined with a certain ruthlessness. If Jisung didn't know the guy, he would have run by now.

"Let's go," Seungmin mumbled beside the blue haired warlock. Jisung looked over to his best friend and for a brief moment saw the wide eyes of the other before seriousness darkened his face a heartbeat later.

Jisung looked back to Wonpil. The oldest Kim brother was fully focused on the portal, the tremble in his hands was gone and a new kind of determination had settled into the other's dark eyes. Dowoon stood close to the other, eyes searching for potential threats. They seemed like they could hold their own now that Wonpil had given up hiding his true form.

"All right," Jisung muttered to himself and slowly pulled his magic out of the portal to not make it waver yet again. Slowly the portal got redder and redder, overtaking the blue parts completely until there was nothing left of the colder color.

The second Jisung lowered his arms and let the last bits of his magic sicker back into the surroundings, he was grabbed by his bicep and dragged along. In any other situation Jisung would have cursed at Seungmin for just grabbing him so roughly, but this was not the time and most certainly not the place to curse at the redhead.

Minho was close to Jisung, trailing after Seungmin and him while keeping watch. Slowly but surely the clearing became a battlefield. There were werewolves howling and growling at hunters as well as some other creatures from various groups holding their own against glimmering crystals and sharp steel. In the dark, Jisung was barely able to tell the hunters apart from the more humanoid creatures, though the glimmering crystal was a dead giveaway.