17. Roles reversed-1

⟨"haah...I'm tired... let's take a break." Athanasia sounded out.
"Yeah.." Lucas stared off at nothing as he replied.
Ah..looks like he is taking in the information of the next place... hmm...let's look around in the void shall we..?

Athanasia wandered a little in the void that seemingly looked just about the size of her room but of course that was an illusion. She knew very well that wandering far off would only result in her being sucked into some random world and never going back again.

She sat back at the chair Lucas had created and waited.

A good few hours had passed according to her, as Lucas finally regained complete consiousness.

" I'm done."

Athanasia almost fell asleep as she heard Lucas calling her.

"...huh? Oh...okay." she replied still in a daze as she still didn't recover from her sleepiness.

Lucas looked at her and sighed.

He created a small space inside the void, that looked just like her room and laid her down on the bed.

" Sleep for a while. I'll be here." He softly said and sat on a chair beside the bed.

Athanasia smiled at his carefulness.

"Okay.." and she fell asleep in a matter of minutes.

Lucas looked at the strands of Athanasia's hair in his hand and then at the sleeping Athanasia.

Does he really have to take her to that dimension? He didn't want to. But it's different. Even if he doesn't like it, she may actually find it interesting.

He sighed at his internal conflict, but eventually decided to take her to that world.

Whatever. I'll just take her to another world if she does not like it.

A few more hours passed until Athanasia woke up and the first thing she saw was a teenage lucas fallen asleep on the chair.

Huh? He's fallen short of mana already?

She thought about it for a moment and then looked at herself. She was in her teenage form too. Yet her mana was as full as ever as she hasn't used it at all.

I'll just pass some to him..

She starts circulating her mana and transferred it to lucas.

Lucas, who fell asleep watching Athanasia sleep, felt a familiar energy.

He opened his eyes only to see Athanasia transferring her mana to him.

"..."

"..."

"...what is this? Even if I'm short of mana, you shouldn't carelessly transfer yours to me."

"Ah..okay.." Athanasia understood that he was just trying to keep her safety and replied.

Lucas looked at her and smiled a little.

He reverted back to his playful demeanor and said,

"This one is a very unusual world, let's go, shall we~?"

"Yep!"⟩

«Obelian empire.

Reign of the empress Athanasia de Alger obelia.»

"Mom." A little blonde boy stared at the night sky as murmured to himself in awe.

"She was beautiful, yet she was as cold as ice." He exclaimed dejectedly.

⟨"eh?" Athanasia was confused yet Lucas just shook his head.⟩

"Everyone said that I looked exactly like my mom. But I don't even know who my dad is.."

⟨"eh? Eh?" Athanasia was shaken.⟩

"They said, he was the most powerful magician that ever existed."

"Yet I haven't seen him once." Was what he said at last as he fell asleep.

***************************************
(545 words) I'm bored...