11. Athanasia is the Duke's daughter?!-2

Athanasia stood there as though lightning had stuck her.

Then she reminded herself,

Dont be surprised..it's not like I've never seen cases more severe than this-

But....A Duke's daughter?!

But I thank God it's not that white dog!

A sigh of relief left her as soon as another shocking discovery follows.

"Wait- Duke Robane?..... Felix?!"

"Yeah." Lucas nods. Not at all surprised at the turn of events.

"Wait wait wait- gimme a second. Let me calm down."

"Take your time." Lucas summons  floating table and chairs, a lot of sweets with Lippe tea, as they sit down in the middle of the sky, not worrying about how they could be discovered since they're invisible.(Aoi: guess the reference~)

(Lucas: *sips tea*)

A few minutes later.

"So,what happened? I mean what happened to this world?"

"It's as you see." Lucas replies nonchalantly.

"What? Did Claude not discover her? And Jennette just got introduced? What was with that white dog? Since athanasia wasn't known to be Claude's daughter he could have introduced her before?" Athanasia kept firing questions at Lucas.

As though he was greatly troubled by it, Lucas said in a heavy tone.

"Athanasia."

"Huh?"

"This is not fair."

"What is not fair?"

"You, taking free labour from me!"

Athanasia instantly understood where this was going.

"You already agreed to it so don't regret now" She says while keeping an indifferent face but her blush revealed it all.

A glint passes through Lucas's eyes as he moves closer to her.

"Sia~"

"W-what are you doing?! Go away!"

"Sia~ I'm tired~ I need something to replenish my energy~"

"Then you can just summon another table full of food."

"That will fill my energy physically~ what I need is a kiss~~"

As their conversation continued, he moved closer and closer until there wasn't even an inch worth of space between their lips.

Athanasia blushes furiously.

She grabs his robe and smashes her lips against his  and tries to move away.

Tries.

A few seconds later, after they separate.

" Well. Let's go to the past, shall we?" Lucas suggests while still having a playful smirk on his face. Even after all these years she's still the same.

Athanasia is still blushing but agrees with his idea.

«14 years into the past.

The birth of the princess.

Athanasia.»

After Diana's death, Claude went beserk and massacred the ruby palace, leaving only his newborn daughter crying between the bloody corpses.

Lilian York takes on the role as the princess' nanny.

Everything is going on normally.

" Meh..I'm bored,let's advance to a few more years"
Lucas suggests.

«10 years into the past.

Felix Robane married to Lilian York.

Claude's black magic strengthens, he remembers nothing about the ruby palace.

Adoption of a daughter in the Robane household.»

"Ooh adoption!" Athanasia exclaims just like the people of the empire did.

They watch the scene as Athanasia and Lilian escape from the ruby palace with Felix.

"Lily, where are we going?" A four year old athanasia curiously asks.

"We are going to a new place, princess. Our new home."

"Home?"

"Yes, but princess, you won't be a princess there, everyone will call you 'milady' there." Lilian cautiously asks since she knows that even though the princess may be a 4 year old, she has the intelligence of a kid double her age. She could understand these affairs.

athanasia tilted her head.

"Oh...but I was never a princess,right Lily? Princesses are only in fairytales, right? Everybody loves a princess. And nobody except you calls me a princess" She asks ever so cutely not knowing that every sentence stabbed Lily's heart repeatedly.(Aoi: (´;︵;'))

She held back her tears as she said,

"Princess, now you're going to become the Duke's daughter. The highest position of a lady after the princess. Sir Felix will be your dad and I will be your mom, is that okay with you?"

athanasia stares at Lily's almost crying face as she begins to analyse,

The only thing she wants is love.

With Lilian here, she needn't worry about it and since Felix loves Lily, Lily won't be hurt even if she takes her.

Lily wants to take her.

I-if that's what she wants then...

"Okay! Let's go to our new home, mom!" a smiles ever so brightly at her new mother.

Lily bursts into tears as she hugs her.

" Yes athanasia, let's go.. I won't ever let you be wronged again."

You'll get the life you deserve.

A sparkling golden pink shadow hugs them as she says with tears of regret and sadness in her lovely pink eyes,

"Yes my daughter, you'll be happier with her." Not that anybody heard her except for the two in the background.
(Aoi: uwaaaaaaa mommy Dianaaaa!" 😭)

At the same background a certain someone bursts into tears.

"Lilyyy she's so caring... She's the best~ and mom..."

Even Lucas was touched at the maid's resolve.

" She is really the kindest person athanasia could ever get. Lady Diana doesn't need to worry."

***************************************
(837 words) uwaaaaa I cried....

So sorry for the late update!

I stopped updating...for... various reasons.

First of all, the matter with novel.hd ,
The stealing case really got me shocked and eventually got me into the writer's block or whatever you say it. If you are reading this then please remove my story from there.

Secondly, my weekly exams were killing me and now that it has finally eased I decided to resume writing.(✿^‿^).

That's it, hope you enjoyed reading and do continue staying updated.