14. A witch and a prince fall in love-2

«100 years into the future.

Death of the legendary magician of the black tower.

The new successor surpasses her master.»

⟨"...." Silence. Both of them remain silent.. recalling his memories Lucas just disappears from there after telling athanasia, as he didn't want to watch history repeating itself, especially with Athanasia in his place.

Athanasia sighs and continues to watch the events unfold while Lucas goes back to their dimension, visiting their children as it had been too long.

"I'll be back." He said.⟩

"How foolish." A blank look on his face, yet his words were like daggers piercing through her heart.

" Yes I am foolish! Foolish enough to believe you when you said you thought of me as your daughter! I am foolish believing that you could take my father's place! Foolish believing that I could escape tragedy by becoming your disciple!" athanasia shouted in tears.

"Haha. That was long. But I already said, parents die before their children. Is it not right? Since you thought of me as your father, isn't it only right that I die before you?" His expression was till blank. Or rather, he had no expression at all.

"Die? Don't joke with me! You are killing yourself! Because of your love?! That's absurd!"

"As I said, you are foolish, you will come to know of this feeling if you ever fall in love, but I also hope that you would never come to know of this pain. You may think you have everything within your grasp, but you don't have anything. You will be left empty-handed in this hypocritical world. You poor child."

"You are right! Look at me, I'm trying to persuade a hypocrite too. Spewing words of concern but still trying to kill yourself! What are you, if not a hypocrite?!"

"Whatever you say." He uncaringly said and started to disappear.

"Y-you...!"

"My time has come. Goodbye, my daughter."

"I was never your daughter! If I was, you wouldn't leave me!!!" She shouted in tears but the man had already disappeared.

"Everyone left. No one remained."

She cried and cried and at last , casted the same magic upon herself just like her master.

****

Hollow eyes looking out of the tower muttering to herself.

"I don't understand all this. I don't want to understand all this."

⟨"...."⟩

After that, athanasia travelled, to countless kingdoms, big and small, weak and powerful, she travelled aimlessly, nothing seemed to interest her anymore.

What am I? Where am I? Why am I even doing this?

"Lady, Lady athanasia, this is my son, aethernitas.  I request you to take him in as a disciple.He looks up to you very much, He would not disappoint you."

Athanasia stared down at the little boy. She felt nothing. She had erased her emotions and could now only think logically.

The little boy, who looked upto her, his eyes glistened in admiration as he stuttered,

"L-lady--"

"What is this, Kalium? Are you sure he is your son? His mana is oh so weak that I couldn't even sense its presence. He isn't your illegitimate son or something, is he?"

"I-it's nothing like that-"

"Tsk tsk, you expect me to teach this trash? Considering our friendship for so many years, I won't say anything about it. Just pretend this conversation never happened." Her jewelled eyes glowed as she warned him. It was becoming an eyesore for her.

It's too boring.

The hope in the little boy's eyes shattered and was replaced with despair.

Too tiring. Too troublesome.

The dark magic she had casted was finally taking a toll on her as she gave up on protecting the tower and fell into deep slumber. In a place where no one could find her for hundreds of years.

Until...

***************************************
(625 words)