16. A witch and a prince fall in love-4

"You... I've seen you before... aren't you..."

"Ah, yes your highness. Many people say that they have seen me before." She smiles at the still bewildered prince as she sneakily points to the maids.

A look of realisation dawned on his face as he shooed the maids out.

"Now then, what is all this about.?" Lucas crossed his arms as he asked.

"I told you, we'll meet again soon~"

"You still haven't told me your identity. Who are you? And how did you so easily come into the palace again?"

"Didn't I say? I'm Athanasia de Alger obelia! Your playmate from now on!"

"That's your name, miss. I'm asking for your identity."

"Oops~ my identity is nothing but a legend in the books though...what to do..." She mumbled still audibly.

"What? Don't tell me you're the witch of the black tower to be talking like that." He jokingly said.

"Woah. Bullseye! That's really who I am~" she said

"....what?"

"Huh~ what the fuck is written here?! The witch of the black tower was in love with aethernitas?! That trash? I was in love with him?! Puh-lease, I'm sane enough to not take him in as my disciple, moreover, me? fell in love?, pfft-hahaha" athanasia randomly looked through the history books as she came across the history of Croatia and the obelian black tower.

"And what's this? The witch, being rejected by the emperor, turned hideous and went into hiding!!? Who the fuck wrote this book?! The witch of the black tower has always been, consistently, the most beautiful existence of all the mortals" she declared proudly to her friend who was just staring blankly at her, seemingly trying to take in the information.

"So, you're really the legendary witch?"

"Of course! It's just that my mana has been lowered after sleeping for a couple of centuries. Hmm..I'll have to contact the world tree soon..." She said and mutters the last part to herself.

"I..see. then why are you here?"

"What~ I can't be here~? I just made a friend didn't I?" She said smilingly

"A friend? Who?" Lucas tilted his head as he asked.

Athanasia stood there shocked. The aura around her became depressed and she drooped her head and said,

"I though we were friends..."

Looking at her like this, Lucas got flustered since nobody had ever considered him a friend, he was an overpowered monster prince around here after all.

"H-hey..."

"....What..?" Even her response was a little late.

Lucas really thought that she took his nonchalant sentence to heart.

Seriously, how is she the legendary witch..?

He sighed and said,

"....uh... You are my playmate, so you are also my friend, I guess?"

Her aura instantly brightened as she excitedly said,

"Yay! No takebacks you are my first friend now!!!" She declared proudly while grabbing his hands.

Heh. I knew this would work. Though he IS the first friend who didn't really know who I am before approaching me. More like I went to him hehe~

Lucas just kept quiet after that as they both started to do their own things.

Is she really the witch?

Lucas was studying while Athanasia went through the history books picking flaws at every single page.

And their days passed by growing closer to each other.

⟨"Sweet..." Athanasia muttered smiling to herself.⟩

"Ah...I'm bored..." She threw the books away with disgust after discovering the false facts about herself.

"If you are, then why don't you go out and make some other friends rather than sitting here and complaining about those books?"

"Where would I go?" She absent-mindedly said,"The world has surely changed after all these years, the people I knew must be died too." She turned and smiled at him. "I guess, I'm alone now?"

"..."

"What happened?"

⟨"pfft-hahaha she just....hahahaha" ⟩

"Right! Right! You are my only friend now."

The expression on Lucas's expressionless face turned better, though subtly, athanasia could surely spot the change.

"How cute~" she mumbled.

Wait- am I not getting too friendly for being a witch?? B-but he is cute~ b-but I am the legendary witch!!! B-but..-

Her thoughts were interrupted by lucas as he said,

"If you are really that bored, then just make friends with that white haired pup from the Duke Alpheus' residence. Everyone likes him, you won't be bored either." He turned his head away mumbling to himself. "You'll be nothing but bored here anyways..."

C-cuteeeeee

"Ahem, I guess- wait- pup?"

They have a dog?

"It's the first and only son of the Alpheus residence."

"Hahahahaha."

... The son is the pup so the Duke is the dog?? GAHAHAHAHA

"I'm suddenly curious now.....Well then, I'll be back Lucas!!" She says after asking their address and disappears.

"I sure hope she will come back." Lucas laughed mirthlessly to himself.

****
***************************************
(788 words) Just...wait a few parts more....

I personally love the witch and prince idea!!! And so I have so many ideas for this....

See ya!

Ah by the way this Lucas is a bit pessimistic because he was ...well...neglected and never had anyone with him. All the rumours of the first son of the Duke being better than the overpowered monster prince were heard by him and so he has a slight inferiority complex?

And the emperor has just recently encountered with him and now after a few days with 'sia' he begins to become a little more cheerful which is taken into notice by both sia and anastasius (his father.)

And I didn't wanted to say this in the story but this Croatian empire has a tradition of naming it's hiers with names meaning 'light'.

Lucas means light FYI

Anastasius does not have that name so he is like Claude?

And in case you wondered aethernitas and Kalium are both emperors before this tradition came in...or just let him be the emperor of obelia only...oh well.

Welp.

Oh and what events do you want to see in this au/dimension?

I don't plan on continuing this one for long so important ones up ahead ig?