Prologue

Trisha POV

"Alright, Mark. Let me know if you know anything about him. Bye." I ended the call with disappointment once again. A heavy sigh escaped my lips as I scrolled through the contact list on my phone. I have been contacting his close friends but to no avail. Everyone gave the same answer.

Suddenly, the commotion from outside attracted my attention. I promptly ran to the door, sensing that someone was outside the door. The car immediately drove away from the house area once they spotted me standing in front of the door.

Ignoring the car that drove away by a guy, my eyes stick to what they dump in front of the house earlier. I wanted to move closer, but my legs couldn't move, as if they were glued to the floor.

"No, no, no. Luke! Oh, my goodness!"

My tears flowed on my cheeks, seeing that I recognised his face even though it was concealed by blood and bruised. Without waiting any longer, I dashed towards him and sat on the ground before placing his head on my lap. I stroked his face, trying to wake him up.

"Luke,wake up! Please open your eyes! Tell me you are okay! Luke..Luke..!"I hollered his name out of my lung, wishing that he will respond to me.

"Trisha, what happen to him?" My neighbour, MrsCollin, approached me. I bet she heard my loud cry.

"Ambulance. Please help me call ambulance." I finally came to my sense.

Not long after the call, the ambulance showed up. A few people wearing medical uniforms rushed out to carry his breathless body. I followed them, refused to let my sight away from him even for a second.

It doesn't take a long time for us to reach the hospital. I kept my steps when they rushed Luke to the emergency room but was halted abruptly by the nurse by the time we reached the emergency room. I paced in front of the room with an accelerated heart, as though it was a bomb with a high risk to explode anytime.

The light of the surgery room finally had been turned off after approximately one hour of my waiting. I sprinted to the door, expecting to receive good news from the doctor.

"Please tell me he is in good condition." I spoke once I saw the medical team coming out from the room. Their expressions were unreadable since their faces were covered with surgical masks.

"I'm sorry, miss. We can't save him. The bullet hit him right in his chest. We are sorry for your lost." His words caused me to fail to utter any words. I wanted to say something to prove he was wrong, but no word is willing to come out from my lips at that moment. The harsh reality struck me like a hurricane.

Ignoring the surrounding voices, I slowly shut my eyes, letting the unconsciousness hit me. Probably, Luke could have heard my voice crying for his name, and I will be able to listen to him calling for my name once I woke up.

I still pray that God will notice that my fragile heart can only handle a little rain, not the hurricane. And, maybe He will show empathy to me and return Luke to me.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤