Chapter 18

I think after my parents and Tyler, Cassian was someone I trusted the most.

I love Cassian like he was my own family, and I knew he would always, no matter what, protect me from anything.

So when he told me to get on his bike, I did. I hadn't told anyone at home I just left with him.

I needed to leave anyways. Maybe being with Cassian will also help me figure what exactly to say to my parents.

Cassian took me back to his fight club. I was pretty surprised since this was not the route Nathan and I took last time. This was easier and less complicated. I guess it did make sense that he knew this way since his dad was Emilio.

"Why are we here, Cas?" I asked, handing him the helmet back.

"There isn't any fight going on today. So I figured boxing would help take your mind off things, plus Tyler told me he has been teaching you,"

I smiled at him and nodded my head, and we made our way inside.

He turned on a switch that lit the whole place up. I remember the last time I was here; I thought of how filthy this place actually was, but now that it's empty with no one around, it was definitely less filthy. There was no strange odour in the room either.

Cassian handed me a pair of boxing gloves. "let's see what Tyler has even taught you,"

"He is teaching, but I bet he hasn't told you how much I actually hate boxing. I don't even know how you guys even like this," I said.

To be honest, I wasn't sure how to feel about him even bringing me here in the first place. I don't really like being here, and the last time I was here, I saw them fight.

And this place was also the reason Noah was dead.

But I felt like being here was better than being home right now anyway.

We got on the ring, and Cassian instructed me to get into proper stance and pulled the punching bag that was on a stand closer to me and told me to punch, and I did.

"So you and Liam are..." he didn't have to finish that sentence, and I knew what he meant.

And really, I didn't know what Liam and I were. We hadn't made it official, nor did we talk about making it official.

I mean, after what had happened between each other, shouldn't I be able to know exactly what to call it.

"We are," I told him. I saw his face fall, but he quickly masked it away with a smile.

"That's good, Sunshine. I'm happy for you," he said.

I couldn't even describe how it felt to hear him say that. Cassian's support was just as important to me as any other.

"Thank you, Cas. I just feel him and I have been through so much that it feels like it's not even real when it is happening," I said.

In truth, this was actually how I felt about being with Liam. Like it all just feels like it's a dream.

"I mean, he did bully you for half of your life," he said coldly, the harsh reality of whatever was going between us.

I stopped punching the bag and looked at him.

"You know it's different now," I told him. "I forgave him for everything,"

"Honestly, I don't get how you can just forgive him and forget him. You do realize your relationship is toxic,"

I felt a sting in my heart. How could he say that?

"You said you were happy for me, Cas?"

"I am for you but not for both of you. You deserve better," he told me. "You dating the best friend of your dead boyfriend. Do you not think in any way is right?" He questioned.