Chapter 6

It sounds ridiculous. I don't understand.

It's fine.

That's it. That's all.
That's what Cassian texted back after all my 20 messages I had sent him.

I've been staring at it for 30 minutes straight, not knowing what to do.

"Do you think he hates me?" I fell back on the bed, frustrated.

Tyler did the same, laying close to me. "Maybe. I mean, you didn't even let him in your house after he kissed you at that,"

I whined loudly. "You're not helping Ty,"

I told Tyler about what happened between Cassian and me—including him kissing me.

I even mentioned Liam. But not about him storming out or what happened before he did.

"I don't think you need to worry, Sunshine. You do know Cas will come around," he assured me.

"I know, but I just feel bad," I sighed. "Do you think you can take me to see him?" I asked Ty.

"Bad idea," he said.

"Why?" I whined.

"Because let Cassian come talk to you. Maybe what he needs right now is space,"

And maybe he was right. I should give him that space.

I got up, sitting up straight. "Fine. I hope he talks to me soon,"

"He will. Don't worry about it,"

I smiled at him. "Thanks, Ty. I seriously don't know what to do without you,"

He chuckled.

"So, what's been going on with you and Erica?" I asked.

Tyler had been dating Erica for six months now. But yet I haven't met her once.

He took in a long breath. "To be honest, I don't even know," he said. "It feels like we've been distant,"

"Well, you have Ty. You're here most of the time now. Doing online school as well. Don't you want to go back?"

"I do, but the thing is, I feel so much better here, and I feel bad saying it, but I don't even miss her, " he shrugged his shoulder.

I pressed my mouth in a thin line. "What does that mean?"

"I guess I'll find out when I talk to her tonight, " he said.

I remembered the first time he had told me about her. He seemed to be the most excited he has ever been. But even something like that can crumble.

"Okay. If you want to talk, I'm here for you, Ty. Always," I said. He smiled at me, his eyes meeting mine. "I know you are," I returned his smile.

-

I muttered a goodbye to Ty as I descended his stair.

I've spent most of the day with him, and I know I had school the next day, and he had to call his girlfriend.

"What are you doing here?" I looked up to see Liam standing there at the bottom of the stair.

He had a black hoodie on and grey pants. I noticed that he was holding some sort of bag in his hand.

"I was just heading home," I said, making my way all the way down.

"Did I not tell you before. Why the fuck do you keep coming here?" He raised his voice.

"I well, I came here to see Ty," I said.

He rolled his eyes.

"Anyways, I'm going now," I said, shifting away from him. But stopped. "We're working on the assignment tomorrow at my place," I said, remembering that Reece had asked me to work on the assignment.