Chapter 8

I swung once, then twice and then another time before my arms turned jello.

"Come on, keep going," Tyler came up behind me and lifted my arms showing me the proper stance to be when throwing a punch.

This had been our 3rd session of training. Tyler had promised a long while back that he would teach me boxing.

But we never got the chance to since he was away in college. Now that his semester was over, we finally did have the time.

But I regret asking because this was harder than I had ever thought it would be.

And I was practically out of breath in the first couple of minutes, and by that time, we were only doing warm-ups.

We were practicing in his garage, which was their gym. It had everything we needed to practice, including a punching bag.

"How do you do this?" I asked, panting. Tyler came up in front of me, lifting my elbows directing me to punch on his pads.

"It gets easier," he said. I took another swing.

I was dripping with sweat, but I went again and again and again.

"Good," he assured. "Now duck!" I did just that when he reached out his hand and swung above my head.

We did for about 15 minutes before we finally took a break.

I gulped down the water. I am dripping with sweat.

"Remind me never to ask you to do this again," I said, being completely serious.

He let out a loud laugh.

"Don't be a baby,"

"I'm not! This is hard," he laughed again.

Tyler had mentioned his breakup with his ex-girlfriend. He seemed to be upset bout it, but he acted calmly.

I knew Tyler, and I could tell this helped him.

And even if I hated every second of it, it helped me too.

It had been a week since Sky and I had seen this video.

I hadn't mentioned it to anyone or brought it up to anyone.

Every time I saw Liam, I wanted to ask him and demand something from him.

But I just couldn't because I felt like I saw something I shouldn't, and asking him would only cause chaos.

In that video, Liam had told Noah he would kill him.

Though I knew Liam was not the reason for Noah's death. It made me think that maybe this was why he felt so guilty about his death.

I wanted to talk to him, but I'm waiting.

"Focus Storm!" Tyler's voice broke me out of my thoughts, and I took my stance once more.

I swung and ducked over and over until I was utterly exhausted,

"Can we take a break?" I whined. Despite the fact that I was drained, Tyler looked to be ready to go for another 3 hours.

He glanced at me, dropping his arm. "Fine. 5 minutes, "

I sighed a breath of relief and took off my gloves.

"You sure you're fine, Ty?" I asked him.

He raised an eyebrow.  "Ya? Why wouldn't I be?"

"I don't know you broke up with your girlfriend. You seemed upset,"

"Well, I'm not. I'm fine," he said a bit sternly.