Prologue

The sun kissed my skin, and I soaked in each and every moment of it. I let the cool breeze fan my pale skin as the grass tickles my feet.

This was a new beginning. A good beginning.

A pair of strong-arm wrapped my waist, and I leaned further into the warm feeling.

He kissed my neck. "Enjoying the sun?" Noah asked.

"Mmm," I murmured. "It's beautiful," I told him as I placed my hand on top of his.

"It is," he whispered back.

"I wanna stay here forever," I say. Noah holds me tighter. "Me too. Always."

This moment right here was all I wanted. Being with Noah brought me peace, a feeling that I always want to feel.

He made me feel safe.

"But it's time for you to go," he suddenly said, releasing me from his arms.

I look up at him my eyes begin to flood with tears. "What no! I'm not leaving you!" I exclaimed.

He smiled, bringing his hands to cup my cheeks, leaving a soft, tender kiss on my forehead.

I closed my eyes, breathing in his scent.

"I love you, Storm. I love you so much. You deserve everything. I want you to be happy, baby," he says.

"I don't want to leave you," I told him.

"You're not. You'll always be here, but it's time," he said.

The tears began streaming down, and I wrapped my hands around him.

"Be happy, Storm. There's nothing more that I want,"

Being in his arm, even if it was for the last time, felt so nice. It was what I longed for so long, but it was time I did let go.

"I love you, Noah," I said. He smiled down at me with his brilliant eyes before he disappeared like he was never here.

The sun still beamed, and I finally woke up.

-

A stir a bit in my sleep, unable to find a good position to be in. The horrid smell of the hospital hitting my nose almost immediately.

My eyes flutter open slowly, and I looked around to see that I was still in the hospital bed with various wires in me. My eyes scanned the room. Though the room was spacious, it felt so cramped. There were bouquets on the table next to me, and a few get well soon cards.

I found Tyler dozing on a small couch near the door. He has his foot up on a table.

I tried to mutter his name, but everything hurts. My head was throbbing, and it almost felt impossible to breathe.

It felt like I was hit in the head a thousand times, and it was a miracle I was able to open my eyes.

Wait. Liam.

Memory's of what had happened came flooding back, and I remembered the car accident.

Where was Liam? Was he okay?

I began to panic, but I couldn't even move or do anything.

"Storm... Storm!" Tyler, who seemed to have finally woken up. "Mrs. Miller, Storm woke up!" He said, rushing out the door and screamed.

My mom came immediately and checked on me right away.

"Oh, my baby," she said, her eyes clear with tears.