The Letter

3rd Person POV.

Light filtered into a small room landing on a twin size bed. Peaking out of grass green blankets messy red hair lay sprawled about a pillow. Suddenly a long shadow fell across the room followed by a tapping on the window. A lump in the bed moved and a groan filled the room a hand pushed it's way from under the blankets. Tapping started up again, the voice of a female rasped

"I here you! I here you! Come on get up you tell me! Ugh! Well what if I don't want to get up?! Ever think of that?!"

She grumbled and groaned, a hand coming out from under the covers as she tried to snooze her silent alarm. Finally a wake enough to realize it wasn't her alarm going off, she bolted up in bed. Getting caught in her blankets at the same time she ended up falling off her bed in a mess of sheets and limbs. Her head finally popped out of her blankets, hair everywhere and her brought gold eyes shimmering. As soon as she saw the owl at her window, excitement grew on her face like none other and the bottom half of her hair started to change from Ruby red to a golden yellow to match her mood. Getting herself untangled from her sheets as fast as possible she gasped in excitement as she saw that it was the Hogwarts letter addressed to her that she had been praying would arrive, not wanting to go to any other school since she learned of it's existence because of her Metamorphmagus abilities. Tearing it open she squealed with happiness and ran downstairs after putting her bathrobe on (Though she didn't bother to tie it...)

"MOM! DAD! LOOK WHAT CAME!!!"

She yelled as she ran down the stairs before sliding to a stop in the kitchen/dinning area and started jumping up and down. Both her parents looked up in surprise and her appearance. Though not because she was shouting, they where used to that. But because she was up before noon on a summer Saturday without them having to drag her out of bed kicking and screaming. In fact it was a quarter to eight. Her mother was the quickest to recover from her shock and spoke in a soft tone.

"What came sweetheart?"

She tried to calm down but failed, still jumping in place.

"I got it!!! I got my letter!!!! Listen to this!

Dear Miss. Evens

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts school for Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment. Term begins on September 1. We await your owl no later then July 31.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonigal

Deputy Headmistress

I finally got it mamma!!!"

Mrs. Evens smiled at her daughter

"I'm so happy for you my darling!"

Getting excited again she then whirled to her father who had been silent.

"OH! I gotta go tell RJ!!"

She then turned around and ran out the door and down the street. Her mom came out and called after her

"IRIS! What about your breakfast?"

A quiet voice because of distance.

"Not hungry momma! Thanks! I'll have lunch with RJ!!"  

'Live Long, Prosper, and Mischief Managed'