Chapter 10

"Hopefully the cctv footage will atleast give us direction" The detective says.

"Yeah me too" I say absentmindedly, I can't stop thinking about what Mikey could be doing right now, is he okay? Or is he being tortured- No, no negative thoughts Aerrow. I look up to see the detective looking at me with a questioning look.

"Uhm sorry did you say something?" I ask

"I said I've set everything up, we can watch the footage now" he says and walks to the dinning area, I follow.

"So I'll say this again, we might not find anything on this footage but hopefully there's enough to help us" he says as he sits down with a laptop on the table, I go stand beside him. He looks up at me and I nod, he presses play. We watch as cars come and leave, I watch without blinking making sure I don't miss anything.

"Maybe we should fast forward to the time you guys arrived here, do you remember the time?" he asks, I think for a moment, it must have been around 10am.

"Around 10 am I think" I say, he fast forwards but not too far, I finally see the cab we came in.

"Stop! right there, that must be the cab we came in" I say, he stops. I feel tense, we watch as we come out of the cab then me paying the driver. Few seconds we walk to my car and then I'm looking for the keys. I look at Mikey and say something and walk away, my heart feeling heavy I shouldn't have left him. I grip the table and try to dig my nails into it.

"We need to watch carefully from here" he says, I watch closely and wait to see any movement other than my son just standing there talking to himself. Then there it was, a black van that had parked right in front of Mikey.

"What the hell" I whisper, then next a woman exits the car and walks to the entrance of the building I lean closer, she looks Pakistan if not Indian. From this angle I cannot see Mikey, I paid little attention to the woman and focused on the car, it just stood there and it looks somewhat suspicious. And then as car the drives off the cctv goes blank.

"F*ck" he says, I look at him wide eyed "This cannot be happening" he says.

"What's going on?" and even though I had a clue in my head, I wish it wasn't true.

"I don't know, this only happens when the camera is turned off" he says.

"Turned off? But why? That cannot be just a coincidence" I say confused, he looks up at me.

"Yes it cannot be just a coincidence but- arghhh" he says in frustration "The only thing that we can do right now is if we go to the building to check what had happened" he says rubbing his forehead.

"Well then I guess we need to head out" I say, looking at him.

"No I do" he says " You'll stay here I won't take long" he stands up before I can protest, grabs a jacket and runs out.

Now I'm left all alone, with my thoughts which is very dangerous if you think about it. I walk to the laptop and replay the footage over and over again, I feel like we are missing something here, I play it from the time that woman got out of the car, why did it leave her? Wait a minute, is it just a coincidence that a few minutes after the woman walked in the CCTV was turned off? What if she was the one who turned it off? That could be a good suspicion. I need to try and get the number plate of that black van, so I try zooming in, moving in slowly and baam!  I got it although it's not very clear, I type it down and go out, I'm not just going to sit down and wait for him to come back, I run out in the rain to the nearest road and try and get transport, finally someone stops infront of me, pulls their windows down and it's a very old woman.

"Going somewhere young lady?" she asks with a very friendly smile.

"Uhm yes, I need to go to the city quickly" I say, hoping she's going that way.