Chapter 16 - Start Talking

The car ride back home was silent and tense. I mean it could also be that everyone was stuffing their faces with fries but that's not the point. I'm nervous to see how they will react finding out everything. Also thought I'd have more time and they wouldn't find out like this but what can you do I guess.

Pulling into the driveway, the guards open the gates letting all of our cars pass through. They line each car up to eachother before getting out. I take a deep breath before following my brothers.

Everyone is sitting in the living room and when I say everyone, I mean each family. Like yeah most of them already know most of it but they don't know everything. Kinda freaking out, just a tad. Okay I'm really freaking nervous.

I think the temperature just went up like twenty degrees at least. I'm sweating my tits off here.

Deep breaths, your a bad, beautiful, slightly crazy bitch. What could possibly go wrong?

"Are you just gonna stand there like a statue or are you gonna start talking. I suggest going with the second choice." My dad gives me a glare that I've seen him give the boys before, and let me tell you when it's being directed towards someone else it's funny but it's definitely not fun being on the recieving end.

"I think I'll just stand like a statue for a few more moments." I give him back a nervous smile.

Getting another glare but this time from all of my family, even Angelo. Like hello bitch you're supposed to be on my side, your twins not the other ones. Might be time to go shopping for a new twin.

Slowly sitting down I go to open my mouth but before any sound comes out the power goes out.

"What the hell?" Louis, Ivan, and my father stand up to go check it out while the rest of us wait in here.

Loud bangs come from the basement where the men had gone. Ivan runs in the room and tells us we need to get to the safe room immediateley. Apparently the Irish were here in retalliation of Conor being taken. He ushers us towards a room but we're stopped by over twenty men.

Not to toot my own horn or anything but I could take them down. The issue is the fact that I have to make sure that the rest of them, ecspecially the younger kids. They may be able to fight but there is no way they can take down multiple men.

Pushing the children behind us Adrian and I run towards them and start either killing them or knocking them out. Ivan helps us while the moms make sure that no one was able to get the younger ones to the safe room. Taking out the last man we run towards the master bedroom where through the closet a safe room is that goes underground for a few miles before it leads to a opening in the woods.

Opening the closets door, Ivan ushers us towards the hidden door behind shelves. Letting all of the younger people go first Ivan is the last and just before he shuts the door Louis and my father run through the closet door. Ivan quickly lets them in before we all start running in the tunnels.

About five minutes in there are small backpacks with water bottles and food. Along with a change of clothes and medical supplies incase someone were to be injured. After almost everyone had a backpack we continues running. About a half an hour later we arrived at the opposite end of the tunnel.

Louis opens the tunnel and climbs out checking the area before giving us the all clear to come out. A few miles north there is a cabin that is a hideout for emergencies.

After everyone is out we switch between jogging and quickly walking towards the cabin while trying to be as quiet as possible. Getting the key from a hidden place, Louis opens the door.

We all walk in and set down our bags, and light candles and the fireplace. Even though the smoke would be able to be seen from far away, there are other cabins that people live in. So from far away it would just appear as multile houses having fires.

Hearing a knock on the door we all freeze, Ivan looks out the window and tells us it's just a neighbor. Which wasn't a strange occurence.

Opening the door Louis looks at the neighbor only for a gun to be pointed out his head.

Kiernan the Irish mafia boss smiles at Louis, while tons of men surround the cabin. The neighbor is taken away by one of the men.

"Well aren't you gonna invite me in?" Kiernan tilts his head to the side and faking a sad face.

"Well shit." I say out loud.