46 🌙 The girl I love

Start from the beginning

"He was waiting for me with a hunting rifle but hey, anything for you." I shrugged and his eyes went wide. "I'm kidding!" I playfully slapped both my hands onto his cheeks to bring him back to my mouth. "It was an AK-47." I pecked his lips and his worried frown was priceless. "Still kidding. He was actually kind of nice. I just told him that it was a lucky charm puck and I was anti hockey. I promised I'd burn the puck in front of the entire hockey team." Jules just let out one of the loudest laughs and I had no choice but to join him.

"Well, it's my lucky charm now. Can't b-believe you got away with that explanation." He shook his head and took another look at the puck.

"Yeah. I get some special superpowers as soon as I bat my eyelashes at someone."

"Oh I know all about those." He smirked while the firepit made the glass box shine bright in the dark.

"I better not bump into him at a game wearing your spare jersey. He'll throw me into the boards for sure."

"I won't let that happen." He shook his head with sudden worry and care but then his gaze met mine. "Is that something you would like? To wear m-m-my jersey?" The twinkle in his eye was nearly begging me to, so... Yeah, sure.

"Well, I'm already on your stick." My words sunk in. "Jesus, that sounded dirty." I laughed while my eyes went wide. I meant on a piece of tape on your hockey stick. Dammit Luna. You're way too excited. "Scratch that. My answer is, I would love to wear it."

He laughed at all of the above. "I have been wanting to ask you. We play an out game on Sunday. Will you come? Grace is coming too a-according to Levi. Two of y-y-you could bring Sophia along. Might give Ezzy some motivation."

"Motivation to kill someone?" I widened my eyes at him.

"Pretty sure Sophia would kill him first."

"True." I laughed, but nodded. "Yeah, I'll be there. What did you think? That I'd miss a single game? Not gonna happen. Watching you play is not only the biggest turn on, but also I simply love to watch you. The way you put your edges in the ice, cutting it so deep. How you're so fucking fast that if I blink I might miss you shooting across the rink. Handling the stick so effortlessly, like you could do it with your eyes closed. You probably can. And then the body slams. That last one is the turn on part though. But really, it reminds me of competing. Nothing tops the feeling of a crowd cheering you on. The adrenaline. The cold whiff of dry air hitting you in the face as soon as you enter the rink. The light so bright you can see all the imperfections in the ice, yet it's so damn perfect. The nerves and cold toes. The voice in your head hyping you up until the point you think you can do anything." He just looked at me, admiring me talk and my cheeks instantly blushed. "What?"

He shook his head, the glimmer in his eyes far from gone. "You talk about skating the same way I feel passionate about hockey. You g-g-get it. It's refreshing. A girl that just gets it. You see more than a bunch of players chasing a puck. You see it, how it feels. The c-crisp ice, the air, the excitement. Nothing is better than stepping out onto the ice." Jules shook his head, still adoring the sight of me next to him. "You know, the offer still stands. If you want to start competing again, you should. The same way you watch me play, is the same way I watch you skate. Two different worlds, but damn do they feel the same. I'll be there. I promise. If you want me to." He tilted his head to the side, watching me consider the offer. Expecting me to take it. I can't.    '

"Once I'm my old self again on the ice. I'll drag you with me." His offer made me smile this time.

"Next time you go skating, tell me. I want to watch. It's so soothing to see you move along the ice. Those steps, the footwork. I might be able to learn a few things."