Chapter 10

My vision is fuzzy and all I can hear is the ringing in my ears. Walking through my house I stumble over anything even my own feet. I've felt like this for the past few days and to say the least it hasn't been fun. I'm rummaging through the cabinets for some pills that can possibly make me feel better, but I don't even know what I have. I get a banana from the fruit basket that lays in the center table since its bad to swallow pills on an empty stomach.

I hear the front door open and I look up to see my dad walking in with my mom beside him. They're laughing about something and smile when they see me and my banana in the kitchen. They walk over to me and set their work bags on the table.

"So how's my little girl doing?" My dad asks me first.

"Good I guess. I feel kind of sick but I'm sure it'll pass on." I smile at him so he won't have to worry because my dad's the worry-wart in the family.

"Are you sure you're okay?" he asks me trying to hide the sound of worry in his voice.

"Yes dad."

"Are you sure? Cause we can call---"

"Oh, Nathan, calm down. It's probably just a regular cold that all teenagers get. The're not invincible, you know." My mom interrupts my dad.

"Thank you," I mouth to my mom and she lets out a laugh.

"What's new with school, Monica?"

"Oh nothing Mom. Just the same as always: learn, practice, study, test. I only have time for school and you know that." I still hadn't told my parents of my relationship with Mark because I didn't know how'd they react. I hoped that they would at least not make a big deal out of it especially my dad since he's really overprotective of me. I knew that one day I was going to have to tell them but I couldn't help but want to postpone the confrontation.

We stay in the kitchen each person doing their own thing when the doorbell rings. We look at each other and wonder who it could possibly be. I shrug my shoulder to show my parents that I haven't invited anyone over. On a normal basis I open the door but today I was lacking the energy so my dad went to open the door instead. Mom was currently fixing up something to cook, probably some spaghetti. I continue to drink my water bottle as I swallow my pills hoping that this dizziness and headache go away pretty soon.

I hear voices coming from the front doorway so I naturally assume that it's a door-to-door salesmen that my dad is trying to get to leave. I put my head down and wait for the pills to kick in and for this headache to go away. I hear the door close which I assume is the front door. Oddly, instead of a pair of footsteps I hear two pairs of feet walking in towards the kitchen, I assume. The footsteps stop at the edge of the kitchen table that I'm laying my head down on.

"Nathan ho---. Well what a pleasant surprise, who's this?" my mom asks my dad.

"Well as soon as Monica lifts her head up you'll know," my dad says in a restrained voice which I find weird.

I let out a groan because my headache is getting worse and feels more like a migraine. I squint my eyes open and slowly start to lift my head up. My hands rest on my temples and massage them as I close my eyes once again. "Do I have to? I have a terrible migraine and I really just want some peace and quiet. That's all I ask for." I say opening my eyes and looking at my dad. His eyes are bank but I still see a hint of worry and...disappointment? I look over to the person standing next to him and in that instant my eyes bulge out of my eye sockets.

"Mark."

I let his name slip out through my lips and when I look back at my dad I see what he knows. "You know." Is all I tell my dad and I see the slight nod of his head. "Oh no." I whisper to myself. My head starts pounding even more and I can feel the blood rushing up to my face.

"What's happening?" my mom asks. I forget that she's still here and out of the blue.

"Well apparently our little girl isn't little anymore. This young man, Mark apparently, is her boyfriend."

"Oh." my mom says. "Well its about time!" she practically screams that last part. From here everything just goes downhill. My body starts to sweat and my parents argue whether its a good or bad thing to have a boyfriend while Mark stays hidden in the corner. Their voices fade in and out and no matter how hard I try tuning them in, I can't.

"Monica?" I hear someone ask but I don't know where to look. I feel sick. I try getting out of my chair but stumble in doing so. "Take it easy." That same voice tries telling me but I hear it as merely a whisper. I take two steps and then lose my footing and instead of trying to catch myself. I let myself fall into the dark abyss.

A/N: Early Update...? or One Week Update? Guess We'll See Don't Forget To Follow My Instagram :) Same As My Wattpad Name & All My Other Social Media Is In My Bio, tata for now