Chapter 6

Ever since I found out who Mark truly is, I have tried so hard to keep my distance from him but no matter what it's like he's everywhere I am. We had our study session and I forced a smile the whole time and I ended up meeting his mother that same day. She was really sweet and invite me to stay over for dinner but I nicely declined. I didn't want to be stuck in Mark's house any longer than I needed to.

Mark had a younger sister named Millie. She was five years old and was very adorable. Millie pulled me everywhere around the house where she had something she thought that I should see. Like in the kitchen she showed me where she had first hit her head, in her bedroom she showed me where she had drawn on her wall and hit it with a desk. with the help of Mark of course, and then she showed me where she hid all her toys and "love letters". I laughed as she showed me all her favorite places in the house and shooing Mark each time he came near us.

Mark told me he had an older brother but he had move out at the beginning of the year so of course I didn't meet him. What I didn't know was how good friends we we're going to be for a short amount of time. I think it was an hour or two later once we had started the actual studying. I already knew most of the material so I think the studying was mainly for Mark who hardly knew anything. Regardless we used flash cards and old notes we took in class. Around eight that night we called it quits and I started to pack my stuff up.

I was ready to leave his house but he had something else in mind. Each time I made an attempt to leave Mark found an excuse for me to stay until finally his mother interrupted us as I took as my escape. He even tried walking me home but I refused and made him stay for dinner and left without another word. Although if I'm to be truly honest then I know that him being cousins with my ex isn't the only problem I have.

I bet he would hate me if I ever dated his cousin. Then again he's dead. Gone. He probably knew about these so called feelings before I ever did. I shiver with chills when I realize what I had just thought. 

I hope he doesn't know.

*** *** ***

I stayed home today. I told my mom that I was behind in school work and needed a day to catch up. She had told me that if I didn't go to school then I would be putting myself behind even more which I knew was true. Instead I told her that if I did go then I would learn new material an have so much more homework on my plate than I could handle. She was hesitant but after a while of convincing she finally agreed to call the school saying that I was sick.

I stayed home while she went to work. Dad called me during his lunch break to check up on me since mom had called him shortly after she got off the phone with the school. I told him that I was doing fine and that he had nothing to worry about. I lied saying that I needed to get back to doing my schoolwork just so I could cut the call short to which he agreed a few seconds later. To be honest though I wasn't behind in school I was actually ahead than most of my classmates but like always I ran away from my problems.

So I watched Disney movies, ate popcorn, did the homework I was supposed to turn in tomorrow (thankfully my best friend dropped it off before going to her dentist appointment), and took a shower. The whole time my phone was constantly ringing because of all the texts and calls I was getting. They were mainly from my parents and Mark. I clicked each time Mark's name appeared and cut each conversation short with my parents. I didn't mind texting but I hated phone calls. Phone calls took so much time out of your life and texting didn't unless you were typing a paragraph to someone. In that case you should just call, but that's just me.

I contemplated on answering just one phone call so he would get off my back but then Belle and the Beast were dancing to the Beauty and The Beast song so I couldn't ruin a moment. When I looked back at the clock it was already eight at night and I hadn't eaten dinner. Dad's coming home hopefully tomorrow and mom had to stay a few extra hours so I didn't get up. I head into the kitchen because even though my stomach isn't growling, I know that I need to put something in my stomach.

It's already late so I settle for a bowl of cocoa puffs. I pour the milk into the bowl where my cocoa puffs lay. II cap the milk and put it away as I look for a clean spoon. My mom is always rearranging the kitchen so from one day to the next you never know what you're going to find. Once I locate my spoon I plop into the bowl and start eating my cereal as I look through my phone. I open my Instagram only to find out that I'm logged out. It still has my Instagram name Mhoniicaxt saved from the last time I was logged in. I try to remember my password and after many failed attempts I successfully log in with a password of classofidcc. Out of all the passwords I could have this is the one I'm stuck with. I make a mental note to remind myself to change it.

I start scrolling only to find a bunch of teenagers out partying on a Thursday night. Tired of scrolling through meaningless pictures to me I go to my profile and my heart begins to slowly break. Now I know why I logged out of my Instagram account. It's because he's all over it. My profile picture is of us together on my sixteenth birthday. It was a pool party so I'm a bikini and he's in swim trunks. In my bio it says Monica Hampton and below that it says: 16 and happily in love, Bday- November 23rd, The love of your life was here, Him, S&M: August 16-forever.

I turn my phone off and let the tears consume me but not before sending Mark one last text.

Me: I'm sorry but I can't do this. We can't be friends. I hope you understand.

A/N: In a way it's a filler chapter but I hope that you enjoyed it.Kind of wanted you guys to see what is going on with Monica and her emotional problems. This book makes me feel so many different emotions so it's hard to write it in one sitting. I honestly do love writing this book though. I hope you guys are loving it.