To rule the world

You hum a small tune you heard on the radio as you sit with Death in his realm.

"Hey, Reaper?" You ask, suddenly stopping your tune.

"Yeah? What's up kid?"

"Do you think I could take over the world?"

Death pauses and looks at you strangely. You blink at him before quickly backtracking. "Not that I want to, it's just a thought experiment."

Death looks out among the many souls that exist in the "afterlife" waiting to be wiped of their previous memories and be born again.

"I think you could. Very easily in fact. Your dad, uncles and brothers would burn the world for you, or just hand it over to you. You only need to ask."

You smile and nod your head before looking out toward the sea of souls as well.

___________________

"Hey, Papa? If I asked, would you give me the world."

Without missing a beat Nightmare responds. "Of course moonlight. Anything for you."

"What if I asked for your immortality?"

"I would hand that over to you as well. Moonstone, I don't think you understand, I love you. I'd burn the multiverse for you. I'd pluck all the stars out of the sky for you, you need only ask and anything you desire would be handed over to you on a silver platter."

You smile and snuggle up closer to your Dad. "Then I wan to always have you and the rest."

"Of course starlight. For you? The world."

_____________________

"Why do you think the villains always want to take over the world in movies and books?" You ask suddenly.

Killer pauses the pokemon game you two were playing through and looks over at you in contemplation.

"I guess it depends on the villain. Some want control over everything because before they had no control over their life. Some want it to prove a point. Some want to take over for someone else's sake."

You hum and lan your head on your older brother's shoulder.

"What if I took over the world, why do you think I'd do it?" You ask, looking up at Killer with a teasing smile.

Killer smirks back down at you and shrugs. "I wouldn't know, I'm not you after all. And I think you're a bit too smart to fall into the monologuing trap."

You laugh and nod your head. "Yeah, Papa raised me too well to do something stupid like that."

______________________

"I think I want to take over the world." You say suddenly, making Horror drop the spoon he was using to stir the sauce for the chicken you were cooking.

"I'm sorry, what?" Horror asks, surprised at the statement.

"I think I want to take over the world." You state again.

"Why...?" Horror asks hesitantly.

"So that there's a place for all of you and your loved ones to live peacefully without some human coming in and destroying you all in one way or another." You mutter, thinking back on Horror's brother and how broken he looked.

Horror chuckles and shakes his head.

"That's sweet, kid. But, you don't need to do that. Your dad made a place where we can all feel safe and where a lot of us could start again. That's enough for us. That's enough for now."

You huff and pout slightly.

"But, I want to make you and your brother and your friends feel safe and happy too!" You exclaim, throwing your hands up for dramatics.

Horror chuckles and ruffles your hair. "Don't worry about it, kid."

You playfully shove Horror's hand off of your head.

_______________________

You yawn as you open the door to your room. It's quiet, but still pretty light outside.

Because of that fact, you manage to make out the small box on your bed. It's a wrapped present and that only confuses you.

It wasn't a special occasion, so why is it here?

You walk over to the box and pick it up. It was quite light, so it wasn't a book.

You shake the box slightly. Something thinks around lightly in the box. It's not an empty prank box.

Carefully you open the box, only to see two objects in the box. The first is a crocheted little planet earth. The second is a small note.

The note itself was black with a light blue text that glitches slightly every once in a while.

'To OuR lItTlE wOrLd CoNqUeR.

-mOm. <3'

You smile at the little present mama glitch gave you. One of the others must have told him about your little thought experiment for the week.

You carefully pick up the small world and place it on your bed as you climb in for a good night's rest.

That night, if you dreamed of a world you owned where your family could all get along and live in peace without scary jobs to do? Well, that's no one's business but your own.