Seven

After the meal, I offered to drop off the staff members, they refused at first but eventually, they agreed.

The last one remaining was Maggie, so it was only me, her, and Jonas. "Who really is that guy?" Maggie whispered. " 'Honey'? Really? I know he's not your cousin."

"It's because I'm really not. I'm Jonas, and I'm her captive." Jonas said from the back. Both of us turned our heads to look at him. I tried to communicate with him through my eyes. But he just winked at me.

"Isn't that right, Miss Criminal?"

"Are you holding this man captive, Elle?" Maggie asked.

What? Am I really holding him captive? I mean now that I think about it, I just drove him to my hotel and led him to my room when he needed medical attention! Does that make me a criminal? Is it really considered kidnapping?

"He's j-just joking, Mag! Don't believe him." I answered.

I was silent the whole ride to Maggie's place. I figured it was safer if I just didn't talk at all.

"Oh, oh yes! Yes!" Maggie exclaimed. I turned to her with a puzzled look on my face. Did she get another email for brand deals?

"You nailed an interview with Ellen!" she said. I widened my eyes. Ellen! Ellen DeGeneres invited me to an interview! Now that's one way to turn my day.

Jonas watched as Maggie and I excitedly chatted about the interview, but he never seemed to even glance at Maggie. His gaze was locked on me.

"When will this be?" I asked, the excitement was evident in my eyes. "Two weeks from now. You better prepare, hun." She playfully warned me. I chuckled.

We weren't really moving because of the traffic. I imagined what the interview would be like. Will she scare me? Do I get to meet Andy Lassner? I was really exhilarated!

We finally dropped Maggie off, and it is now 5 pm. Wow, three hours in traffic.

We went back to the hotel room and we took the stairs from the underground parking to avoid cameras.

"The memories I had in this stairwell are, amazing." Jonas teased. I turned around and glared at him.

As I took another step, my knees suddenly weakened. I fell on the floor but my arms were fast enough to support me from falling on my million-dollar face. 

"Woah, are you okay?" He asked, his hand was on my back. I couldn't move, I was incapable of standing up.

He couldn't stand the fact that I was feeble, so he carried me back to my room.

"Put me down! I can walk!" I tried to fight him, but it was so hard to lift my arms. He scanned the hallways before heading to my room.

When we entered, he hurriedly put me on the couch then grabbed a glass of water. "Can you drink?" He asked. I pushed his hand holding the glass to my lips, and it was hard for me to swallow.

"Bed." I almost silently said. He clung my arm in his neck and lifted me from the couch, supporting my back. I couldn't feel my legs so it was very hard for me to walk on my own.

As he laid me on the bed, the urge to sleep suddenly struck me. I just let it take over.

I woke up, and it was 7 pm. "Hey, I'm glad you're awake." He entered the room. I gave him a slight nod. I leaned sidewards to look at what's on the table, and I realized he ordered dinner.

I tried to stand up, but my legs were still frail. "Can you give me a little bit of food?" I asked Jonas. He quickly grabbed a plate and put food there.

"I said a little." I stared at the plate, almost overflowing with food. "You need to eat. You became weak. I fed you a while ago, but you told me to stop I-"

"Shh." I cut him off. I only ate half of what's on the plate. It's been so long since I've felt this full. It was satisfying.

"Hey. Come here." I tapped the bed, telling him to sit there. "Yeah?" he asked as he threw himself on my bed.

"I just wanted to ask you, why are you always disappearing? I mean what's the deal? And how did you know my real name?" I asked him.

"I'll tell you when the time is right." He said. I sighed as I looked at his face. Has hazel brown eyes, sharp jaw, he has potential in the modeling industry, maybe even acting.

I slapped him so hard, the sound echoed through the room. He glared at me while holding his cheek, now with a hand mark. "Just making sure you're not a ghost." I smiled.

"First, attempted hit and run, then kidnapping. Now, assault?" he scoffed. "Do you really wanna go to jail, Miss Criminal?" He narrowed his eyes as he went closer. "Should I be scared for my life now? Coz I don't know what you'll do to me next." He went closer and closer until our faces were only about centimeters apart.

"Oh trust me, you don't wanna know. But I'll tell you when the time is right." I smirked and winked at him, copying his exact same words earlier to mock him.

He chuckled then stared into my eyes again, fighting my gaze. He looked at them for a few seconds until he looked away and got up.