Two

I woke up the next morning feeling extremely tired and anxious. Ugh just where did that guy go?! I spent the rest of the night searching for him.

I asked the receptionists, the staff, I even checked the cctv cameras but he was nowhere to be traced! Gone! Missing! Nowhere to be found! I was even starting to be convinced that he had magical powers or something. Is it his hobby to disappear?!

I walked lazily towards the bathroom and got welcomed by a tired face with dark under eyes, clearly sleep-deprived. It was my face in the mirror. I didn't even bother to do my skin care routine. I just washed my face and went back into my bedroom. I didn't have the energy to cook or call room service so I skipped breakfast instead.

"Glad you're awake, I've been calling you on zoom all day!" my manager said. I listened to her lectures, all her words going in one ear, and out the other, I was used to it.

"You know, I just need sleep. I'm tired. I met someone weird last night. He's peculiar af. Miss Peregrine's children can't even." I said while looking at the first aid kit, still untouched.

"Well you better get ready, you have a photoshoot in 2 hours! Hurry up! Be at the lobby in an hour and a half." she said then hung up.

I had no choice so I hopped inside the shower and got dressed up even though I didn't have the energy to even move a limb. I just covered my under dark eyebags with a concealer and didn't bother to put on any more makeup because they will apply some later anyway.

I managed to go down to the lobby and find that my manager is still not there so I sat down and briefly read some news on my phone. I just sat there and scrolled until she arrived.

"After your photoshoot, you have a fitting at 1pm. After that, you have a commercial to shoot." Just hearing that made me tired already.

"What time will I be able to go home?"

"If you finish early then, pretty much by 6pm?"

"Ugh. Fine, but you owe me nuggets." I said.

"Oh honey, the next time you'll be eating is two days from now." She said. I sighed at her remark.

I managed to do all my scheduled work for today. I went home by 8pm, because I visited the mall after the commercial. I found a cute beige trench coat at H&M, so I decided to buy it, along with a brown turtleneck and mom jeans. I paid then quickly left to avoid eyes. I went to my car and headed to drive-thru Starbucks to get a Vanilla Latte. I went for a little late-night drive before going back to the hotel.

I entered the hotel, this time at the front, the paparazzi were found.

'How did they even find out that I'm staying here?'

I entered the elevator. It was a silent ride, I can only hear the slurps I made from my drink.

I arrived at my floor and went to my room. As I swipe my card and open the door, another surprise welcomed me when I saw him standing there, like nothing happened. He was leaning at a wall, just a foot away from me. His hands were crossed and a smirk was on his face as he said;

"Welcome home, Miss Criminal. Missed me?"

"Where were yo-"

"Well I hope you did because you're under arrest." he added.

My breathing hitched when he walked closer towards me and waved a piece of paper in front of my face.

"W-what is t-that?" I swallowed hard as my breath started going faster and more shallow.

'He's just joking r-right? He didn't actually report me to the authorities r-right? He's probably just joking. Yes, that's probably it. But what if it's true?? Will I actually go to jail?? W-what will happen to me now? What will happen to me inside there?? W-what if the inmates hate me and torture me just like in the dramas?? What if-'

I got interrupted with my thoughts when he held my arms from the side and shook me. He was saying something but I couldn't hear it properly. My eyesight was also blurry. His worried eyes were the last thing I saw before everything turned pitch-black.