Chapter 13

DAKOTA'S POV

I'm back outside because I need to think without breaking down, but at the same damn time, I cannot leave this motherfuckin hospital. I just walk to the back of the parking lot and fallout on the grass. I do not give a damn if anyone is near or if anyone saw me. I am emotionally exhausted and drained for I don't fuckin know how long. I feel like one of my patients right now. I can already feel myself dissociating as I'm looking up at the sky. I pay it no mind. I let my mind and my soul go free to roam as they please. Something feels really off. I'll just stay like this a minute longer to get my subconscious thinking to the surface of my mind. My brain does wonders and works out all my damn problems for me like this.

Oliver and I are together now, but I still have my fuck buddies.

Sky is Momma Vasi's brother.

Oliver's dad escaped prison.

Oliver has a sister in hiding from said dad.

Miller, Oliver's dad, abused them and used Oliver as a test subject. Maybe the rest of them too, but definitely Oliver.

Sky put Miller away the last time.

Miller created Frost Growth.

Somehow, Sky or Charlie got possession of some, and one of them decided to inject Oliver.

We have to kill Miller and rescue Blair.

Fuck, never updated Avery. That's okay; there's still too many unknowns.

We need Sky to tell us what he knows.

We need Sky to coax out Miller to get to Blair. Then we use the sniper to take out Miller before he does anything to Blair.

Sky can tell Miller he fuckin turned on us and put Oliver in the damn hospital with basically no chances of survival to get Miller to trust him. All things considered, it sounds like Sky is the only fuckin one with access to Blair, so if Miller wants Blair, he needs Sky alive.

Thank you brain once again. Okay, let's now address my surroundings. It's still daytime, I can feel the sun. Okay time to refresh my eyes. I blink a bunch and slowly sit up. That's what's off, I'm just dehydrated. I just need to go find a pedialyte. I look around and see my dad and Momma Vasi standing over me looking very concerned. "What's wrong guys?"

"Oakley said you've been out here awhile," dad relays.

"And, we didn't want you ending up in there with Oliver," with her strawberry blonde hair flowing in the wind.

At a loss for what's happening, I ask, "What are you talking about?"

"Oakley grabbed us because you were unresponsive to him."

"What?!" I startle. I was further in than I thought. Even if I try to explain the levels of dissociation and catatonic to them, they wouldn't get it. Apparently, I was more zoned out than I thought. They both sit on grass with me. One on each side of me.

"Even though you work in mental health kid, you need to take care of your own," dad assures me.

"That's why I was out here. Look how far away we are from the doors and everything going on. I needed space."

Momma Vasi's eyes sparkle when she says, "Oliver's gonna be okay. He's a tough one."

"He is, but being connected to you guys, makes this way harder than listening to some random person talk about it."

Pops changes the subject sensing the upcoming tension, "Anyways, did the space do you some good?"

"If you mean a plan to kill Miller, then yeah."

"See you'll definitely be ready to take over for me one day. What you got?"

"We need Sky to tell us everything he knows if he wants to save his family again. Sky needs to coax out Miller to get to Blair. But, we may need help from Charlie on that point, but we won't know until we talk to Sky. Then we use the sniper to take out Miller before he does anything to Blair. Sky can tell Miller he turned on us and put Oliver in the hospital with basically no chances of survival to get Miller to trust him. All things considered, it sounds like Sky is the only one with access to Blair, so if Miller wants Blair, he needs Sky alive."

Momma Vasi confirms with a sharpness to her voice, "Sky is definitely the only one with access to Blair. Who's this Charlie person?"

"Some random person with connections to Sky and maybe Miller."

Dad gets serious, "Did you talk to Wren, Devon, or Drew recently?"

"Nope. Just Oliver. He said that his dad created that injection he was given, Frost Growth."

With an abrupt interjection, her eyes light up, "That's what this is about?! That bastard. How long has it been since the injection?"

"I don't know. You're sounding a lot like your son right now. He looked over the labs and got the doctor to do something about something and something to do with poison."

"That's good," while her demeanor relaxes.

"Are you okay Momma Vasi?"

"How did he look?" totally ignoring the question.

"He seemed too calm; it was unnatural. It looked like it was second nature to him. Are you sure you're okay and this situation is okay?"

"If Oliver said he caught it fast enough, then we're good. He's had lots of training."

I just leave the conversation at that because I really want to destroy something right now, and I'll have him explain it to me later. But, he did know what he was looking for in those labs, so that could've been the training. Too much. Too much.