HOW have we not caught him!? I think we were all surprised when he crashed onto the ice, but that should have given us time to close the 30-foot gape he had. Something was up with Endeaver.

 A chain-link fence was coming up and the man literately just shoved his good foot in the fence and managed to do a flip over the fence. He landed on one foot and just took off never hesitating. 

"I'll follow him by air." Hawks flew us over the fence and took off. Us three raced after the man. We saw him take a left, then a right, then another right. I turned the corner and there was a three-way cross. I looked down at the man's footprints to see that they disappeared. Guessing I turned and started to run. I saw a garbage bin and some boxes but passed them. There was another three-way intersection. Guessing again I turned feeling it in my gut. 

Crap it was a dead end. 

"IT'S A DEAD END!" Mic Yelled!

"HE MUST HAVE GONE A DIFFERENT DIRECTION." Endeavor ruffly said. 

"Or he's hiding. His footsteps disappeared on the last turn. Hawks is up above and hasn't seen anything." I looked down the dead-end to a bunch of small cardboard boxes, then I remembered the garbage bins we had passed. "There where four other directions he could have gone and this is a dead end. There were also garbage bins back there he could have hidden in. Let's all take a different direction. Don't overlook any spot big enough to hide in." We took off running. Stopping I turned around and looked down the ally again. Something was off about this situation. 

___

That person was hurt and was able to avoid being captured by the top heroes. I needed to find them. Something felt wrong about what went down. 

I paced back and forth in my apartment building. 

A couple of days ago we dropped the Ring Master and his men at the station. I set my phone down on the island in my kitchen and started to walk around it.

 Something was wrong with what went down. That man or girl. No, I am certain he was a Man. That person was smart, fast, had some major acrobatic skills. Maybe it was their quirk.

 I'm overthinking this, we got the head of this underground circle, the body will die off. We got wind of this underground society when we over-heard some villains talking about bets they would be placing on the next games. After that, we saw more and more things. We kept hearing about someone called 'The Ring Master's', and 'Santa's dog'.  Given how fat the man was he was defiantly 'Santa' the dog on the other hand...

"RING...RI." I grabbed my phone.

"Tsukauchi, Have you gotten him to talk about the other figure."

"The Ring Master hasn't said anything but one of his men did."

"..."

I heard the detective give off a sigh. "It's really nothing to go on but they told me none of them have ever seen his face. They also told me that his name is 'Santa's dog'. Last thing is that they know that he is a male and that he has the best skills they have ever seen."

I could hear a slight tone in the detective's voice. "Anything else?"

"yah. I got one of them to tell me a story about the man. It's bad, really bad. We are going to question the Ring Master again in half an hour. Would you like to be there?"

"I'll head down right now." 

I put my phone in my pocket and got my keys. "See yah shanks." I closed the door behind me.

____

I walked into the back of the station. Tsukauchi saw me and walked up to me shaking my hand. 

"Just in time."

"Thanks for waiting."

"We have him in room B."

We walked down the hall to the room that had 'B' on it. The detective put his hand on the door handle then look back at me.

"Let's go," I mumbled.

He turned the handle and walked in. The room had a metal table with three chairs, two on one side the other had the Ring Master sitting in it. He had quirk cuffs on which were attached to the table. His legs were shackled to his chair. He could barely move. He looked right at me.

"Out of all heroes it had to be you." 

I looked at him. "What do you mean."

"You mean the old detective didn't tell you?" I heard the Tsukauchi clear his throat.

"We found out what his quirk is by the others you brought in." 

I looked at him and raised my eyebrows. He contented.

"It's called 'Circus Slave' it allows him to make a slave contract with two types of people; people who have an animal quirk, and quirkless." 

I turned towards the Ring Master. "So, those people we took down were salves, up until I erased your quirk?" 

The RingMaster opened his mouth, "Yes. I bet you have one thing on your mind." He paused. "What about the one that got away?" His voice sounded like we were just having a normal conversation. 

"What about him?"

"I'll give you three hints." His hand on the table changed so he was holding three fingers out. "His reputation is known for being quirkless." He retracted one of his fingers counting down.

I hide my surprise. "And?" 

"The boy is not old enough to a get provisional license." He looked at his remaining finger retracting it. "He's smart. Oh and one extra thing." His eyes darkened. "He has never seen rain." He smiled a yellow-toothed grin. Condemning himself. 

My stomach was turning, "That enough." I left the room as the detective walked out behind me closing the door.

"This is bad." We both understood that if he said was true we had a serious problem on our hands. I started to connect the dots. He slipped on the ice. He had never seen ice before. His size made sense now. He wasn't just short he was small. 

"What are you thinking about?"

I looked up at the detective. "His height. If I had to pin him I would say he's in-between the age of 8 and 12." 

"If that man said in there was true..." Tsukauchi's face went white.

"Yes, this boy has lived in captivity his whole life. He's been raised like an animal."

"I'll put an APB out and tell all the heroes to be looking for a.."

I fished the sentience for him "...Green haired kid, with two different eye colors; one blue other green." We started to walk out of the building as I stepped out of the door Tsukauchi grabbed my shoulder. 

"Thanks again"

I have to find this kid.