FOUR

Saturday, October 2nd, 1994.
Word count: 2,055

Once I got up, I got dressed into a pair of blue jeans and a pink cardigan with a thin white tank top underneath

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Once I got up, I got dressed into a pair of blue jeans and a pink cardigan with a thin white tank top underneath. Kate of course stole some of my clothes, a red spaghetti strap dress and a black, white, yellow and red long sleeve. "You are such a thief Kate. "I scolded her, making her flip me off as we both laughed.

I was just finishing putting my hair up since it's a bitch to put up alone and now we had to go to Heather's house. We walked out of my house, locked it then walked across the street to Heather's house.

I knocked on the door with the least shaky hand, the other hand hiding at my side as her mother opened the door, her face lighting up as she saw us. "Oh dear, Hi Kate, Hi Theadora. Please, come in. my sister and father just got here. "She told us, after hugging us. She moved over and let us in, our senses were met with heather's signature scent, pumpkin.

We sat down next to each other I was gripping her arm as I looked around Heather's home, where she grew up. All the pictures of her surrounding the house. "Theadora, Sheriff Goode told me, that-that you were there. The night she was killed. That you were waiting to give her a ride. "Her mother says tears already at the brim of her eyes. I nodded, about to cry as well. "Um yeah. I was closing up at Musicland and I went into B-Dalton's to say bye. But then she asked me for a ride. And you know how Ziggy is, so I waited in the parking lot. Then Sheriff Goode pulled up, and ran in. so I followed him and that's when I s-saw it "I stuttered as my voice began to break, reimagining it again. She put her tissue up to her nose as we both cried, Kate was holding her tears back as she squeezed my hand. Her sister and father, both just sitting there quietly.

"I am so happy dear, that you waited in that parking lot. I am so happy that my daughter got to experience her last few moments with one of her favorite people. She truly loved you Theadora. "She cried, which completely broke me, I moved my hand out of Kate's hold and I brought my hands up to my face, shielding my eyes as I spoke, "I um, I was in the store with her when the last customer came in. it was this terrible lady. She was absolutely rude, and cold. But heather still treated her with respect-

     she spoke to her kindly even when the lady was um just being harsh for no reason. You raised such an amazing person Miss Watkins. "I told her, she gently grabbed my hand and pulled it away from my face.

    "Thank you dear. Now when should the   funeral be? I know your birthday is on the 4th, and I don't want to make your birthday sad so I was thinking the 6th? "She told me, I nodded and grabbed a tissue from the box.

Once we figured out the plan, we headed to the grocery store to get some snacks for the twins Kate was babysitting tonight. We walked in and saw Simon restocking the shelves, and mopping, and also being a cashier. They really overworked him.

We walked down the aisle he was currently restocking and once he saw us, his smile got brighter. "T-money, hi "He whispered, pulling me into a long embrace. He always smelled so good and warm.