"So... remember how I was supposed to work with RM?"

"Yeah," you mumble, sounding a bit disinterested but only because you have a feeling that whatever Yoongi just went through is what you had experienced at the park. Your brother is ignoring it, but you can't do the same.

Somehow, it's all connected. Jungkook, you, and Yoongi. Maybe even Namjoon. It's no coincidence that he and Jungkook have instantaneously become good friends and that Yoongi had a dizzy spell just like you did, except his wasn't as serious considering he's getting around fine on his own just seconds after having one.

You're frustrated. All you seem to be getting is more questions instead of answers.

You'll have to think more on it later. Yoongi is here venting to you about RM. Right now, you need to focus on him, especially since he's talking about an artist you're an immense fan of.

"...got there for our scheduled meetup, and he was a complete no-show." You catch on to the last bit of what Yoongi says, just enough to continue the discussion without letting him know that you hadn't heard the first part at all.

"Do you know what happened?"

Yoongi scoffs. "No. His mananger called him, but they were only on the phone for a few seconds before RM ended the call. I didn't get any explanation, just that we'd meet for longer tomorrow."

"Do you know if that's something he does often? I mean, he's only ever collaborated with two other artists. Maybe it's because he doesn't work well with others." It's just a speculation but you say it in hopes that it'll make Yoongi feel better. Getting stood up without given a reason as to why only makes it hurt worse, because then he might think it has something to do with him.

Your brother may not be as well known as RM but he's good at what he does. You're still waiting for one of his songs to go platinum. Because it will happen. You know it will. Yoongi is too talented to not get the recognition he deserves.

"I don't know. He had me sign all these damn forms just to keep his identity a secret. I'm sure there was some sort of emergency or something."

He's trying to make excuses for RM. Yoongi is huge fan of him too, probably a much bigger one than you. Perhaps what he says is true, that RM had been in a situation he couldn't get out of. He'll probably apologize and give Yoongi the clarification he needs. In the end, you hoped it would work out and that your brother got to live out his dreams of working with his favorite producer.

You concur with his statement. "You're right."

The rest of the walk is silent. There isn't much else to say that Yoongi doesn't already know. You'll always support him, always side with him. That alone comforts him and eases the tension in his shoulders as his steps become more relaxed.

When you reach Vante's, he pats you on the head, making sure to not mess up your hair that you've pulled back into a slick bun. Appearances are everything at the art gallery even for the employees. You had a heated chat with Yoongi about it after working a full week at Vante's. You had hated how pristine and lifeless the uniform was but now you don't mind it all that much. You understand why you have to dress in a particular way.

It's all about good impressions, and your boss is very strict about it. You've heard enough gossip to know that even if you fell out of line just a small fraction, you'd be fired before you could bat an eye.

Kim Taehyung was one intimidating mother fucker. You'd never say that aloud. There were cameras everywhere in the gallery.

Yoongi promises to pick you up later that night and waves goodbye as you head inside, returning the gesture before beelining to the front desk. You stuff your purse underneath it, sliding it into one of the corners before taking a seat beside the phone and computer.

Currently, there's no one inside but you. One of the hosts would show up in a few minutes and then the place would start filling up with potential clients and those who just wanted to admire the art displayed. You aren't experienced enough to host quite yet.

Mr. Kim has brought it up with you a couple times, saying he would like you to get comfortable with the work environment before he started training you to entertain the guests with knowledge about the art carefully placed around the gallery.

But that was months ago. Mr. Kim hasn't talked about it since. Honestly, you haven't seen him very often except for when he gives out the work schedule.

You rest your chin in your hand as you lean against the desk. Like expected, someone walks in. You look to see which of the hosts you'll be working alongside only to see your boss come in through the door.

He's wearing a very loose, ashy suit paired with white Converse. His hair has been permed. It's a lot more curly then you last remember, but like always, he pulls it off extremely well. He looks damn expensive, but that's exactly what Kim Taehyung is.

He peers down at you from where he stands in front of the desk, whipping his suit jacket aside and placing his hands on his hips. His pensive expression causes a chill to run down your arms. Are you in some sort of trouble?

But not a second after, his lips tug into an endearing grin. "Good evening, Ms. Y/n. Unfortunately, we're down a host so I'll be filling in for them."

You want ask why they're not there, but Mr. Kim beats you to it.

"That is until I hire someone new," he says it with a smile as if it's not a big deal. You gulp.

If it's possible, his lips widen. "Hope you don't mind, but you're stuck with me for the night."

a/n: DOUBLE UPDATE! we have finally met taehyung! he does play a somewhat important role so keep an eye out for him. no jungkook in this chapter though. next chapter is going to be a good one lol you'll get to see what taehyung's like. i don't want to spoil anything but you'll love it, i promise.