Chapter 5

"But first," you trail off, gliding your eyes over the shirt and joggers Jungkook is wearing. "Let's go get you some clothes."

Despite what Namjoon said, you aren't going to keep his clothing. Keeping them wordlessly tells your neighbor that he's one step closer to getting what he wants when that's the last thing you want. So the only thing to do is to return them.

That means going to the store to get clothes that fit Jungkook better. Not that you mind how tight the joggers cling to his muscular thighs. The sight is drool worthy, but you are not going to have a rerun of what happened in your last dream.

Jungkook follows your gaze before looking back up at you. "More? Whats wrong with what I'm wearing?"

"For one, they aren't yours. Secondly, you can't wear the same thing everyday. They'll start to smell. Thirdly, the temptation to just...," you pause.

Jungkook may have a wide vocabulary, but was obviously not well versed in sexualization. The moment he walks out the front door with you and onto the street, people would stare, and not at his face. Those joggers are too tight for their own good.

"And lastly, they're not yours." Finishing your explanation, you turn on your heel, fetching a coat and an old pair of your dad's shoes that he left from his last visit.

If he had left clothes, you wouldn't have had to ask your neighbor for some, but you know to be grateful for at least the shoes. Hopefully, they aren't too big or too small.

Jungkook tilts his head in puzzlement. "You said that already." He walks after you in the hallway as you reach the closet. "Is that what humans do? You wear a different set of clothes everyday? You must have over a million pairs of clothing. That seems kind of wasteful."

You chuckle at the absurdity of his comment. "No, I don't. There's this thing called washing, Kook. You clean your clothes so you can wear them again." Shuffling through the coats hanging to the side, you pull out a grey trench.

Perfect. It matches his outfit, and it's long enough to hide his alluring figure. You throw it at him, not paying attention to how it hits and then rests on his face before you crouch to the floor and look for the tattered, black keds your dad left.

Jungkook pulls the coat off of him to see you at the floor, cursing when you don't find the shoes amongst the others.

"Shit. Where did I leave them? Are they in the bedroom?"

His gaze searches to the other side of the closet, finding only a handful of slippers, and then to the shelf above. There he finds what you're looking for.

He leans over you, grabbing the shoes just as you stand up. Your eyes meet his collarbone. The white tee he's wearing slides off a bit on one shoulder, and all you see is golden, smooth skin.

You quickly glimpse up at Jungkook, who doesn't seem to notice the close proximity until you instinctively tug his shirt collar back up. That's when he looks down at you. His arm is still outstretched to one side of your head, and he stops momentarily as his eyes land on yours. You can't help the way your stomach flutters.

"I, um," you say to try and focus, but he's too damn close.

He's so close that you can smell his scent. It reminds you of freshly printed books, the kind of smell you can only find when you buy a new book. Worst of all, you like it. At the realization, you push him backward. The shoes he grabbed come into view, and he stares at you blankly.

"Put those on," you deadpan. "Why are you just standing there? I told you we have to go the store." Brushing past him, you round the corner that leads to the front door. When you're out of a sight, you press your back against the wall.

It's been what, a few hours since you saw your drawing come to life? Thirty minutes since you decided you were going to house him? And suddenly, you're acting like a fool when he gets too close? This is all happening so fast, and you haven't taken the time to stop and process it all.

It's just because he's handsome, you tell yourself.

You shake the thoughts aside and put on your shoes just as Jungkook comes behind you. "I'm ready."

Glancing at him briefly, you do a double take when you see that Jungkook is wearing the coat wrong. The opening that should be at the front is at the back. Though he doesn't know any better, you stifle a laugh.

"Kook, the coat is to be worn the other way." You grip both sleeves, slide it off of him, and swing it around his shoulders. "Now put your arms through it."

He does as you say while you make sure he put the shoes on right. You're glad to see that he has and that luckily, they fit.

You find it funny that Jungkook knows about dreams, but not about basic human behavior. In that sense, he's like a kid, but you find it a little cute.

He has so much to learn, and you're not sure if you're willing to teach him, but you'd rather it be you than Namjoon. Your neighbor would only teach him useless things like how to bed a girl he just met. That's not the kind of character building Jungkook needs.

You're going to help him be better. Heaven knows the world could use more kind and genuine men.

You could do without another Namjoon.

note: jungkook is being too cute 🥺 this is the shortest chapter yet, but get ready for the next one lol he goes on his first car ride, and buys clothes for the first time. i'm gonna try to make it cute and funny!