Chapter 32: Fenrir

Start from the beginning

Then Bakugo was in close with Fenrir, he blasted himself sideways and sent a diagonal series of condensed explosions. Their effective range was much shorter, but their power was greatly magnified and they wouldn't get in the way of nearby allies due to the blast being limited to only a few feet in size. 

Fenrir put an arm in front of himself for defense and the explosion burned his shirt sleeve to ashes but only succeeded in burning the fur on Fenrir's arm.

Bakugo cursed inwardly at the monster's durability and unleashed a point-blank chain explosion. The blasts magnified each successive explosion and actually managed to push Fenrir back a few steps, not forced to use both arms to shield himself. The massive blast blew the roof off of the warehouse, and as a result of the smoke and dust, Bakugo didn't see Fenrir until it was too late.

A hand shot out of the obscuring smoke and dust, grabbed him by his shoulder, and then pulled him straight into a devastating right hook. Bakugo's head snapped backward and he felt his nose break, causing blood to burst out of his nose and dribble down his front. Then he felt himself get thrown onto the floor, and by sheer instinct he detonated a blast with his left hand, causing him to avoid the quick stomp from Fenrir's massive foot.

Bakugo sent a blast underneath himself and went flying into the air. He spun in the air and looked down at Fenrir, who looked up at him. Bakugo grinned and thrust both arms towards the giant of a man and unleashed his upgraded AP Machine-Gun, Gatling Blast.

The expulsions rained down on the villain like hellfire, the explosions blowing that entire side of the warehouse apart and causing the rest to collapse on itself. He kept up the onslaught for several seconds before stopping. He guided himself down to the ground a fair distance away and just waited. Given the durability displayed so far, he doubted that attack killed him. He stood, hunched over ready to react at a moment's notice when he felt that cold breeze again and the smoke dissipated. Revealing a well singed Fenrir in a furious fight with The Hunter.

The Hunter had apparently gotten the drop on Fenrir just after the attack stopped since Bakugo could see several fresh cuts on Fenrir's chest. They oozed blood slowly but were nothing significant. What caught his eye though was the fact that Fenrir had a mutant type quirk. His clothes had been mostly burned away by Bakugo's attack, revealing his arms, chest, and legs to be covered in moderately long, curly, thick fur. It had likely been pure white originally, but as he aged it seemed to have slowly transitioned into a grey leaving only patches of pure white left.

Bakugo launched himself at the fight, closing in and releasing several blasts at the man's fur-coated back. He altered his blasts to prioritize heat, replicating the effects of thermite and trying to burn the protective fur away.

The blasts only succeded in burning off a small amount of fur, nowhere enough to be able to cut through it all and reveal the vulnerable skin beneath. Switching targets, Bakugo tried to release a blast at the man's un-furred face, but Fenrir lunged to the left avoiding the blast.

The lunge also served to get him closer to The Hunter, who sent a slash towards the man's arm, only to have his wakizashi skid across the fur, like some kind of steel armor. Then Fenrir tackled The Hunter full-on and bowled him to the floor. Bakugo sent a condensed blast into Fenrir's side in an attempt to check his momentum, but Fenrir had instead rolled over the top of The Hunter, avoiding the attack. Then from his crouching stance, Fenrir swept his left leg to the side along the ground and into The Hunter, sending The Hunter straight into Bakugo. They were sent backward, skidding across the ground until they stopped.

At once they leaped to their feet, and both the combatants glanced at each other. Bakugo couldn't see the expression on The Hunter's face due to the mask he wore, but Bakugo could sense the wild look in his eyes and he doubted he looked much better.