"What!" Sumit and Pearl shouted in horror.

The banshee flew over to the sandwyrm's face and screeched right in front of it, making it even more enraged than before. Continuing to scream and howl, fighting through the pain in her throat, Daina glided over towards Corinna and the others. Gnashing its hundreds of teeth, the sandwyrm blindly followed the screams of the banshee.

"Get ready!" Corinna called out to Sumit and Pearl.

Guided by the banshee, the sandwyrm twisted and turned, looping around almost in a circle, heading straight for Corinna, Sumit, and Pearl.

"Now!" yelled Corinna.

Together, the golden knight, the octopus, and the giant mole-rat heaved the creature's tail and then dodged out of the way as the sandwyrm hurtled towards them and bit its own tail.

The sandwyrm screeched and writhed as it tore off a sizable chunk off of its own tail, blood spurting out of the stump like a fountain and spraying red onto the sand.

Taking the opportunity, the golden knight rushed towards the distracted and in pain sandwyrm. She readied herself to make an attack when the sandwyrm, despite its suffering, swung its severed stub of a tail and whacked the golden knight away. Her armour clanged and clattered as Corinna was knocked a long distance away, collapsed onto the sand.

Daina opened her mouth, attempting to scream and screech, but all that escaped was a crackling croak. She grasped her throat, realising that she was now at her limit and useless.

Attracted by the clanging of the golden armour, the sandwyrm hurtled towards Corinna. Daina glided over, attempting to screech once more and block the sandwyrm's way, but the creature merely phased through her incorporeal body.

Corinna remained still, holding her spear in front, bracing for impact when the sandwyrm stopped. Its head twitched and turned to behind.

With his eight octopus arms, Sumit whacked the ground as if he was playing a drum kit and wobbled around, constantly moving and making a ruckus.

Pearl burrowed underneath the sand and tunnelled directly underneath the sandwrym's giant body. The ground shook and crumbled as the giant mole-rat dug underneath in random directions.

No longer hearing the sound of metal armour, the sandwyrm was drawn to the vibrations in the earth caused by Pearl's digging.

"No, wait!" Corinna yelled. "Pearl!"

The sandwyrm dove into the sand and burrowed into it, the rest of its body following and disappearing underneath the ground.

"Pearl!"

Once again, the ground rumbled, and the sandwyrm shot back up with one of the giant mole-rat's paws caught and trapped in its teeth.

Corinna gripped her spear, her eyes gazing up at the sandwrym. Something inside her mind clicked and unlocked, allowing what she had been trying so desperately not to escape in. Those thoughts beckoned her, whispering to her what she should do, what she had to do. They reminded her of the pain from before, her back still aching from being shoved through layers of solid sandstone. The voices continued to call out to Corinna, commanding her to take control, to fight.

The enemy was right before her.

Do not hesitate.

Flourishing her spear in her hand with elaborate spins and twirls, the golden knight crouched down on one knee, then jumped up, propelling herself up high in the air. Next, she grabbed ahold of one of the spikes jutting out of the sandwyrm's exoskeleton and balanced herself with the help of her spear. Now up close, the golden knight noticed the gaps in the exoskeleton that was essential for the sandwyrm's mobility: weak points.