Chapter 31: Dark Encounters

Start from the beginning

She had things to do though, so she pushed all that to a corner of her mind. For now, she allowed herself a sense of relief at the news that the child was physically okay.

"Thank you Nezu, that was all that I wanted to ask." She said, giving her principal a small bow and taking her leave.

___________________________________________________________

Katsuki Bakugo pulled open the door leading to the roof of the building. His dark grey cloak moved silently in the breeze, revealing the hexagonal pieces of the combat suit beneath. He went up to the edge of the building looked out towards the hospital in front of him. From here he could see the window that belonged to Eri, a perfect vantage point he would be sure to see anything amiss. Meanwhile, Kirishima and Todoroki were watching from other roofs looking towards the sides and back of the hospital building.

As he watched and scanned the area he didn't see anything abnormal. The lights of the building shown brightly, and he could see occasional vehicles pulling in and out of the parking lots. The walls surrounding the entire hospital complex were three stories high and massively thick. It had cost a ridiculous sum of money and time to build but had proved necessary during the war. Now the place was one of the most well guarded in the city, staffed with excellent medical personnel. It was where many heroes were taken to get treatments all over the country. Dr. Okimi's quirk was one of the world's strongest healing quirks on the planet, but it wasn't perfect. Her quirk struggled with long-term damage and couldn't help in the treatments of most diseases. 

Bakugo settled down for the first night of likely many until something more concrete could be established. Until then, he, Todoroki, and Kirishima would be pulling night patrols of the hospital area, while sleeping during the day.

During the course of the night, he made periodic check in's with the others and changed roofs a couple of times. It was around 3 in the morning when he noticed something out of the corner of his eye. He stopped moving and focused intently on the spot he noticed the movement. He didn't see anything though and assumed it to have been a bat flying under a light. He notified the others though and paid extra attention from then on. Another hour later, he noticed movement again, but this time from the window leading into Eri's room. He saw a dark form emerge from the window and like a wraith, it scaled the side of the building, avoiding the lights as he did so.

He felt his adrenaline spike and he hit his radio, "I got movement from the kid's window. Got a figure scaling the side of the building and heading to the roof." Just as he released the button however he saw the faint outline of the figure suddenly leap from the side of the building and start running across thin air towards the walls.

"The fuck?" he thought, before hitting the button again and speaking rapidly into it as he discarded the cloak and jumped off the roof and started blasting himself towards the figure. "Check that, the figure just started running on air. Heading towards the walls and moving to intercept," he said before clicking it off again.

He got acknowledgment from the others and heard Todoroki saying he would check the room before he got close enough to see the figure more clearly.

The figure wasn't running on air, rather he was running across a long wire connected from the wall of the hospital to the walls surrounding the complex. Bakugo guessed that there was another connecting the exterior walls to one of the buildings nearby. When he was still several dozen meters out however, when he saw the figure glance towards him and then double their speed. Running across the wire as if it were a solidly built bridge the figure got to the exterior wall much faster than he was expecting. Abandoning all attempts of stealth, he let loose a chained series of explosions that rocketed him towards the exterior wall. The figure, rather than use the wire Bakugo was sure was there, jumped off the wall entirely. A repel lowering his speed enough to allow him to get to the ground without issue. Then he was off towards the alleyways.