Chapter 18

Dear Hyun,

hi? Um this is my first time writing letters to people so please forgive me for being formal. Happy Thanksgiving Hyun! I'll probably be giving this letter to you on Thanksgiving along with this bracelet. I hope you like it! I honestly didn't know what to give you. Moreover, it was my first time giving a girl something.. Other than my mom of course.

It took a lot of time to find the right gift for you so I asked your brother for help along with J-hope hyung and Yoongi hyung. You can't believe it but J-hope hyung said to give you flowers haha.. 

Namjoon hyung said to give you homecooked food because you can't possibly say no to food.

Yoongi hyung said to give you something to remind you of me. So if  I'm not by your side you can look at it and feel as if I'll be by your side.

Cheesy right? I know I'm the king of cheesiness... sike. 

It took me some time to choice this as my final present to you, oh I got a matching one as you. Take it as a friendship bracelet.

 Hope you like it! :)

Thank you for helping me in so many things, you taught me a lot of things be it tattooing or school things. Thank you for not judging me because of where I came from. I shall promise to always stick by your side, no matter what. 

Be it happy, sad, angry. I'll stay with you and help you, we'll face it together. :)

from: your beloved friend kook.

to: my bestfriend/ honey/ baby/ darling hyun.

I folded the letter back to its original form before taking out the bracelet to admire it. It was sliver in colour there is a puzzle piece which looks incomplete beside it was a handcuff and a pinky promise accessory.

 It was sliver in colour there is a puzzle piece which looks incomplete beside it was a handcuff and a pinky promise accessory

" It's really beautiful kook. This bracelet and the handwritten letter, thank you." I smiled while looking at him and put on the bracelet immediately. 

" the puzzle piece isn't complete. " I looked at him.

He folded up his long sleeve, showing me the other piece of the puzzle and the matching bracelet.

" It's here. " he grinned at me causing me to grin back.

. . . [Back at home] . . .

Jungkook and I reached home around 7pm, the timing was perfect because the celebration starts at 8pm giving us sufficient time decorate the place.

" Finally, you guys are back. Quick help me with this decoration. " my brother said.

" hyung.. you're freaking 1.81m tall I am just 1.78m, she is shorter than that. How do you expect us to help you with it?  " jungkook pouted while crossing his arms, I slapped his arm because he called me short. He laughed before quickly escaping to help my brother with the deco on the walls.

I went to my room to change to a more comfortable outfit after removing the animal hat from my head, a short black sleeve shirt and black sweatpants. Not forgetting my animal slippers.

Apparently, they finished decorating the living room when I walked downstairs.

For  Thanksgiving, we decided to play the secret Santa game, yes it isn't Christmas yet but Tae and J-hope came up with this idea. We all have to write our own name placing it in a box then each of us will pick a card without looking. Whoever's name is written on it will be the person we have to give a gift.

*ding dong* the door bell rang as I went to open the door, immediately regret wearing short sleeve. It was freaking winter season. Meaning temperature can go as low as -10°C.

" Hyun! Happy Thanksgiving ! " Tae and Chim immediately gave me a hug upon seeing me opening the door.

" Happy Thanksgiving to you too.. Now please let me close the door, I'm freezing here. " They quickly came in as I quickly shut the door.

They hung their outer coat on the clothes rag before placing nicely wrapped up presents under the tree. They quickly placed the turkey on the dinning table. The heavenly smell of the turkey was making my mouth water.

" Keep those eyes, mouth and hands away from the table. " my brother warned me causing me to make a sad pout looking at the food then at my brother before letting out a defeated sigh and sat on the couch being a good girl waiting for the others to arrive.

" aww hyunie is so-" before chim was about to complete his sentence tae quickly covered his mouth and I turned towards chim glaring at him. 

" Don't mind him, he was spilling rubbish, don't listen to him. " I turned back to look at the switched off television. 

" Quit being sulky, you have that turkey in no time. " I heard kook commented when he walked towards me before taking a sit beside me and switching on the television.

" Can't I just get a small, tiny bite from that gigantic turkey~ " I used my aegyo voice to plead kook, hopefully he'll give in, as I tugged his sleeves.

" nah ah, baby, aegyo doesn't work on me. " I pouted sadly before resting my head on his shoulders. He let out a laugh as he start to stroke my hair.

" Cannon Ball! " Taehyung and Jimin yelled out before both their butts sat on the couch causing kook and I to jump due to the impact.

" Yah! Don't jump on my couch! " We all turned to look at my brother as he scolded the two idiots. 

" sorry! Not sorry. " they muttered the last 2 words so only we could hear. I laughed at their remark.

* ding dong * I yelled out a quick 'yes' and ran to open the door immediately regretted that decision.