How it should have been

"Jose Menendez, Beverly Hills Resident, father of two, Convicted of repeated rape and abuse on his youngest son. Erik Menendez confessed to his girlfriend after years of grief and trauma. Jose will be serving 6 years minimum of jail time with out chance of parole.
And that's NBC nightly news, I am Tara Wilson. Please take care of eachother, goodnight." The television plays in the background as both Erik and I stand in the kitchen making dinner.

The last few months have been dragged as we and our team tried our hardest to get the best outcome for Erik. We finally got the good news two nights ago that Jose was finally Convicted.

Lots have changed in the last few months. Erik has permanently moved into my apartment. Lyle and Chris decided on renting an apartment a few blocks from here.

Erik got back into tennis and I continued to work on my dream job.

———————————————————————————

We live our lives as best as we can, we eventually move into a big home just on the outskirts of town. We have children and dogs and build the best life around us. Not ever seeing Eriks parents again and seeing mine on more of a regular basis. Uncle Lyle gets a girlfriend and we all live happily ever after, like how the story should have been.