Real date

The sun rises again the next morning, and our day started. Today we were just planning on organizing the flat. Mandy woke up with an attitude, I honestly don't know why I am friends with her. We mess around all day, enjoying each others company. We finish off before dinner, by wrapping Jasmines head in some of the bubble wrap and hitting her. We were all in fits of laughter when Kate hit her so hard she fell over. We went out for dinner in a local Chinese restaurant.

The five of us were walking home. We seen a girl who appeared to be around the age of 17-19, she was being approached by two men. They stopped to talk to her and she immediately looked uncomfortable.
"Girls, look at that girl. Would you say she knows them?" I ask
"She looks a bit on-edge." Kate admits
"She's fine!" Mandy says.
"Mandy I swear to god, I have had enough of this entitlement act! What, you think the world owes you something? Because ever since you got here, you have been acting like there's a stick up your-."
I stop speaking when I see one of the men grab the girls arm.
"Come on." I say nodding to the girl.
I start to run, the other four coming behind me.
We reach the three.
"Oh my god! Hey girl, I haven't seen you in like forever!!" I cheer to the girl in an upbeat tone. All three looked confused, the girl finally caught on and joined in.
"Oh my god hi!" She replies, the nervousness prominent.
"Come on, are you ready we are going mine now!" I say grabbing her hand. The man let's go of her arm.
"Oh sorry, do I know you guys?" I ask the two men and they shake both of their heads and walk away.
I keep hold of the girls hand and the five of us walk away.

"Oh my god, thank you!" The girl says to me when the men are out of sight.
"It's fine, are you okay?" I ask
"Yes I'm fine now." She says with a smile.
"Good, what's your name?" I ask
"Joy." She answers.
"Well, I'm Kimberly, but call me Kim, this is Jasmine, Kate, Anna and Mandy" I say pointing to each of the girls.
"Oh well thank you all!" She says to the girls.
"We were just about to go to the movies, wanna come?" Jasmine asks
"No we weren't." Mandy buts in
"We are now." Anna says
"I wouldn't want to impose." Joy says
"You wouldn't be at all." Kate joins in
"Sure." Responds

All six of us head to the theatre and watch the new movie 'coming to America'. We all had a laugh and ate sweets. It was so much fun.

When we were walking joy home we found out she is 18. She moved from Kenya with her parents, to further her fathers scientist career. She has no siblings. She is in UCLA studying biology/ biological sciences.

I got Joys homes phone number. I wrote it in my note pad and we went home. The girls and I took a trip to a small corner shop and stocked up on snacks.

———————————————————————————

Days went by and the girls just left. It was sad seeing my best friends go, knowing it could be months until I see them again. Erik called a few times. He asked me out on another date tomorrow. I am nervous but excited, I like this boy, I don't want to mess up.

———————————————————————————

The next night quickly came around and I was getting ready for my date. I sat at my new vanity and took did my makeup. I kept my makeup light. I took my rollers out of my hair and brushed my hair out a bit. I got dressed into a short beige plaid dress. I put on a pair of white wedges and a matching white cardigan. I popped in my diamond earrings and struggled to put on the matching necklace.

I heard the bell ring in my apartment. I ran to the buzzer.
"Hello?" I ask
"ready?" I hear Eriks voice ask in response
"Just one second, come up." I say pressing the button to let him in the door.
"Room 18." I tell him knowing he doesn't know where my room is.
"On my way!" He cheers

About 1 minute late my hw knocks at my door. I run to open the door. He is stood there with a gorgeous bouquet of different flowers.
"You look amazing." He says, eyes wide.
"Thank you, you look quite fine yourself."
"Why thank you." He says and I gesture for him to come in.
"I didn't know what flowers were your favorite, so I just picked loads of random ones." Erik says blushing a little while handing me the flowers.
"Thank you! Dahlias, if you must know." I say with a smirk and he smiles back.
"Noted." He utters
"I'll just be a second, just getting my bag." I chirp and he nods.
I run to my room. I grab my bag off my bed. I fill it up with my purse, lipgloss, gum and other little bits.
I walk back out to the living space. Erik is just looking around.
"It's a nice place you have!" He admits and I smile.
"I still have to put together the tv unit, trying to hold it off for a as long as I can." I say laughing
"I'll help!" He gushed
"You don't need to do that." I say
"No, it's fine, I can do it tomorrow if your free?" He asks
"Sure!" I say, happy I get to see him again.

We both head down stairs and get in his car parked out front.
"So where are we going?" I ask curiously
"There's this great restaurant my family and I go to." He says and I nod my head.
He turns the radio on and a song starts to play. It's new, it's called 'fast car'. I heard it once or twice in a shop. It's catchy I really like it. Erik starts humming along to it. The corus comes on again and we both start to sing along.
"So remember when we were driving,
Driving in your car
Speed so fast it felt like I was drunk
City lights lay out before us
And your arm felt nice wrapped around my shoulder
And I-I had a feeling that I belong
And I-I had a feeling that I,
Could be someone
Be someone
Be someone" we sang out as loud as we could.
We both laughed so hard and looked at each other.
That looks, that god damn look made me feel like I was in a complete different universe. We both smiled and he looked back to the road. I kept my eyes on him for a second longer and then looked away.

We arrived at the restaurant. I recognized this place. It was right beside the shop that I got my bed in.
Erik parked the car and we got out. We walked up to the restaurant doors. The place was very grand and fancy. Erik held the door open for me and we entered the building. "Ah, Mr.Menendez, what a pleasure to see you." The host says. "As it is you, Carl" Erik replies
"Your table will be just this way." He says walking in the direction of a table. He seats us at a lovely set table.
"Just two menu's?" The host asks and Erik nods and adds a "please." At the end.
Erik pulls out my chair and we both sit.

The whole entirety of the dinner we talked. It was so interesting learning more about this boy. He was so sweet. We both had just finished out dessert. The waiter drops the bill on our table. I reach to take out my purse, Erik grabs my hand.
"Please, Let me pay." He says and I sigh
"No, no I insist-." I try but am cut off
"Please it was my idea to bring you out!" He begs.
"Fine, but your staying for food tomorrow and I am paying." I say and he lifts his hands in defeat.
"By all means." He says and I giggle.