They moved to the kitchen where they sat by the table. Hyunjin began making tea as his mother and friend chatted. To say he was afraid for his older companion was an understatement because he knew how terrifying and strict his mother seemed at first even though she was one of the sweetest women he knew. He just hoped she wouldn't scare his friend away or judge him too fast.

Changbin on the other hand was shitting himself but kept it cool. He immediately knew his friend's mother meant an interrogation kind of talk and he was bothered a bit by that but didn't let it be shown. He trusted himself though, so he let his confident side shine a bit to test the waters but kept everything eloquent in a gentlemanly way.

He knew he wasn't exactly the greatest kid to be around - his grades sucked, he had an addiction and could be sometimes seen with not so friendly crews, his hobbies were circling around music which didn't seem stable at all. His friends knew he was a kind-hearted guy but for the outsiders quick to judge - he was an everyday weird loser.

"So you know each other from school I suppose?" Hyunjin's mother said and briefly thanked her son for the cup of tea he put in front of her.

"Yes but we attend different classes. We met on Hyunjin's and Felix's field trip" Changbin answered calmly.

"I see. What about your family? Are you all hybrids?" she asked but was rather gentle with her tone.

"My mother is, my father is a mage. My brother took after my father and I - after my mother as you can see" the boy wiggled his ears and smiled slightly. 

The woman returned the expression "Lovely and why were you sleeping here as a wolf with my son?" she kept asking though this one came out a bit more harsh. She seemed to have realized it and was quick to cover it with another smile.

"Well... Hyunjin's back hurt so I just thought that maybe if he relaxed against something soft and warm it'd be better I guess... I suppose that worked?" Changbin looked to the side at his friend whose cheeks grew pink.

"Yeah" the taller said shyly and sent his friend a smile "Thanks"

"No problem" 

Hyunjin's mother seemed satisfied with the answer and relaxed in her chair. The chat from then on was a lot more light hearted as she got to know the stranger hybrid more.

When she was leaving she kissed her son goodbye and offered Changbin a firm handshake with a smile, then disappeared behind the door. As soon as her car left, the shorter slid to the floor.

"That was the most stressful talk I have ever had!" he yelled while laying fully on the floor "ho- ly- shit!"

"Sorry about that!" Hyunjin tried pulling the shorter up but failed.

"If that's how job interviews go I'm going homeless man. I don't care" Changbin scrambled to his feet and exhaled "I killed it though, right?"

"I didn't even know you could speak like that? Did you unlock some ancient dialect or something? What was that" Hyunjin laughed as they both crashed on the couch.

"I have this weird aunt - totally obsessed with words. Speak casually next to her and she'll throw you out of her house. So I guess that's why my mind switched like that because your mom emanated boss vibes bro" he sighed.

"I know, everyone says that" Hyunjin rolled his eyes "But she's really nice after you get to know her I swear!"

"Kinda like Minho"

"Kinda"

"Though he's a snake after you get to know him too"

"Was gonna say"