Chapter 17

Hyunjin felt himself gaining back consciousness as his eyes got less and less cloudy. He blinked a few times and realized he was still in bed with Felix almost upside down on his left and Changbin having his arm loosely thrown over him on his right. He saw the outside was beginning to brighten up, though was still bathing in the dull blues, waiting for the sun to poke above the horizon, accompanied by crickets and occasional chirping of a bird.

Hyunjin relaxed a bit but before he could slip back into slumber he felt a sharp pain on his back, pinching between his shoulder blades. The feeling was so unpleasant and similar to needles poking at his skin that he yelped quietly. None of the boys moved though, aside from Changbin tossing his head to the side a little. Hyunjin sighed heavily but when the pain returned, as if making sure he wouldn't be able to avoid it by sleeping, he had to bite his lip harshly and unconsciously clutch his hand in the older's shirt, who didn't seem to mind and continued to snore quietly. 

After a moment of tossing and turning Hyunjin got himself from under the fluffy blanket and careful not to wake anybody up, walked to the kitchen. He looked through some drawers as quietly as possible (though failing to silence some of the squeeks) and finally clutched his hand on a box of painkillers as he rushed to the bathroom. He looked at himself in the mirror, trying to focus his eyes which were thrown off by the sudden contact with light. He reached to his back, his spine cracking slightly as he reached for the areas that burned his insides. He didn't see anything out of the ordinary at first until his fingers traced over a small bump on each side of his spine, slightly below his shoulder blades. He gulped and turned back to face the mirror until a knock startled him into clothing his hands to the sink.

"Hyunjinnie, you okay?" Changbin whispered out in his hoarse voice, loud enough so the younger could hear him.

The taller quickly took a pill out of a box and swallowed it before he opened the door to be met face to face with sleepy Changbin who squinted his eyes at the light "My question stands"

"I'm fine just uh... My back began hurting all of a sudden" Hyunjin debated whether or not tell his friend about the discomfort but after the older's outburst of care from earlier he decided that maybe he could share some of his worries with others "And I couldn't sleep so I took a painkiller and maybe it'll go away" he sighed, leaning against the doorframe.

Changbin's face, whether he was like it by heart or was too tired to care, clearly showed worry as his features furrowed. He looked the taller up and down, debating something for a moment "Wanna sit outside for a moment until the pill kicks in?" he slurred out.

Hyunjin smiled softly and nodded, quickly leaving the bathroom and following the older in front of the house where they took their seats by the front door, on the stairs which the taller was growing to love.

Even through the yellow rays of the sun have only began lazily creeping up the sky, the nature around them seemed to have already been at its finest with some bugs flying here and there alongside birds who were loudly singing away their morning talks.

Hyunjin leaned his shoulder against the older and let his eyes shut and squeeze as the pain on his back became more apparent again "This'll suck" he breathed out. He felt a careful hand crawling up to his lower back and massaging small circles into his skin as he immediately melted into the touch.

"You're strong Jinnie, you'll get through this" and even though the taller didn't necessarily believe Changbin's words at that moment, he still felt their sweetness relaxing and easing his bothered mind.

"Sorry for waking you up" Hyunjin slurred out against the other's shoulder "You helped me a lot, you should've rested"

"Oh shut it, you think I have never endured a sleepless night before?" Changbin chuckled lowly, making Hyunjin's insides flip "Besides, I quite enjoy this moment to be honest" he hummed softly.