Chapter 19

Hyunjin's mother had a lot of mixed emotions dancing in her head once she walked inside the wooden cabin - many of which were not so peaceful and nice but one overruled them all - confusion. Because one couldn't help but be confused upon finding their son asleep while curled up against a giant wolf she's never seen before. 

The woman walked to the pair, debating whether or not to disturb them but opted for the first option since she demanded answers. She poked Hyunjin's cheek and caressed it softly, making the boy scrunch up his nose and slowly open his eyes 

"Hi honey" she whispered and smiled. The boy returned the expression momentarily though the more he stirred awake the more he seemed to realize what situation his mother witnessed

He quickly sat up, with the sudden contact causing the wolf to let out a distant grunt and also stirr a bit.

"Oh uh..  Hi mom" Hyunjin said, trying to compose himself "Sorry about that I uh- ... Forgot you were dropping by today"

"I can see that" his mother cocked a brow and eyed the animal "Who's that?" 

The boy shifted nervously as he saw his companion slowly waking up "That's my friend - Changbin" he smiled awkwardly and put a hand on the wolf's side.

The older seemed to have realized something was off, even half asleep, since he bolted up, startling the two as his wary eyes scanned his surroundings. He quickly relaxed and fixed his gaze on the older woman.

'My apologies Mrs. Hwang' his tone was soft and confident, causing Hyunjin's mom to smile 'My pleasure to finally meet you, though sorry, since this isn't really an ideal situation'

Hyunjin was taken aback by his friend's sudden shift in tone and choice of words since he wasn't aware Changbin could even speak this eloquently. He was pretty used to the scratchy, loose and careless wording of the older.

"Oh don't worry about it, this is rather interesting. Though I would like to meet you face to face instead of... Face to muzzle I suppose" the woman spoke.

Changbin nodded, jumping off the couch and walking to the nearest room, brushing past Hyunjin and earning an annoyed yelp and a set of rosy cheeks from him.

"I didn't know you were this close with your friends?" Hyunjin's mom started as the other boy transformed and got dressed behind the closed doors.

"Well I spend most of my time with them now so I guess that's a given?" Hyunjin shrugged "Though I seem to be getting along with Changbin-hyung the most these days" he smiled involuntarily.

"I can see that" his mother said and walked slightly away to get her bag "I've got the medication your doctor prescribed you" she took three small boxes out and put them on the coffee table they were standing in front of "Though you know I'd advise you to stay away from those as long as possible. You can keep your living bed if you want to even" she chuckled and as if on cue Changbin exited the room and joined the pair "So you're a hybrid" she stated while looking at the boy, eyeing his ears that were slightly down.

"Yes Ma'am" it was the first time Changbin got a good glance at the woman without his desaturated, wolf eyesight. 

She was a slim, tall woman with long black hair - heels on her feet making her tower above the short boy. Her stance was confident which went well with her wide shoulder and hips. Her face was frightenedly similar to Hyunjin's, though much more mature and stoic as her piercing eyes seemed to be reading right through the stranger boy. She had a black suit on with pants loosely tangling next to her ankles. She stood straight and oozed respect.

"That's quite fascinating. See, none of our family members have had any sort of mixture in DNA for a while now. Well, as you can see that's to change" she gestured at her son who looked a little lost but blushed  "Let's take a seat and talk a bit since we've got a chance" she smiled.