chapter 1

Persephone POV

I woke up from my sleep from my alarm going off for my job at a coffee shop. I got out of bed and went to the bathroom to shower and face my routine. I dressed in a cute pastel pink off the shoulders shirt and white skirt. I slip on my shoes and grab a banana and dashed out the door. I should introduce myself before we get any further.

Hi my name is Persephone I'm 23 and named after the goddess who became the queen of the underworld after she was abducted by Hades the god of the underworld

Hi my name is Persephone I'm 23 and named after the goddess who became the queen of the underworld after she was abducted by Hades the god of the underworld. I could only wish to be a goddess because I'm not living good life right now. My family treated my like maid for most of my life. I usually cooked and clean for them. My family is religious so when I was caught kissing another girl is my room the way they treated me got worse. They became verbally abusive and physically abusive towards me calling me all kinds of homophobic slurs. My siblings threw things at me and tripped me all of the time. So when I had enough money I moved out of my parents house or more like ran away. I caught the earliest plane to Los Angeles and moved here with a phone, clothes, and five dollars. I lived on the streets for four months and a half, while I was looking for the cheapest apartments available. Then I met Katie and she let me rent an apartment. It isn't the best ,but as long as I have a job and send her 145 dollars every  month ,which is almost all of my paycheck, I still have enough left to get by.

I walk into work and see Blake, he's the worst out of all of my coworkers. He gave me a wicked smile. I could feel fear set in as I walked over to grab my apron and tied behind my back and neck then walked to the back to start taking orders. The most beautiful woman I have ever seen walked up to the cash register. "Welcome Walkers Coffee Shop ma'am w-what would you like to drink or eat?" Why am I embarrassing ughhh. I thought to myself she pulled me out of my thoughts by saying her order. "Black coffee" she said emotionlessly while looking at her phone. I rang it up on the register. "Ok that would be 4.50." I said holding out my hand while she pulled a five dollar bill and put it in my hand. "You can keep the change." she said while walking away.

I made her coffee and I was walking over to her table and Blake tripped me with his foot . I wasted her coffee all over her dress. "OWW SHIT WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG YOU" she yelled as she jumped and turned her head staring directly at me. Everyone turned to see what the commotion was. I was so scared I started to shake and I could tell I was about to cry. "I-I" I stuttered barely over a whisper "Speak up I can't fucking hear you" she said sternly. My boss came running, "What is going on here?" he asked. "Your shitty employee spilled coffee all over me" she shouted and I winced "I'm so very miss Daniel she will be fired right now." I started to cry and took off my apron and ran out the door.

I walk to a nearby park and sit on a bench and continue to cry. Then this beautiful woman comes up to and sits beside me. "Why are crying cutie?" she asked. I looked up and looked her in the eyes. "One of my coworkers tripped me and I wasted coffee all over a customer and she yelled at and I got fired." I said as I sniffled "I am so sorry that happened to you cutie" she said softly. The pet name she gave me made me giggle "What's so funny cutie" "Nufin '' I responded quickly. I started to think about what happened at the coffee shop and realized if I don't have a job I can't pay my rent. I sighed in disappointment "What's wrong cutie?" she asked "I not gonna have any live" I said sadly "How about you come live with me and my wife at our house?" "Hmmmm....otay I live wit you" I said excitedly "Ummmm?"