Two Slow Dancers

•Chapter 29•
                           •3rd Person•

                         ••Last Chapter••

Y/n went on the elevator and pulled out their card for the basement.

As they stepped out the elevator they couldn't help but have a flashback of all the things the group did together down here like old times.

They knocked on the door slightly and walked in Lisa used to live here but she moved in with Henry after they got married.

Larry claims not to be lonely since he was planning to get a pet soon.

"Hey Larry, you here?" Y/n said entering Larry's room.

"Yeah over here dude." Larry said holding a paint brush in one hand and a pallette in the other.

"Oh hey Lar, whatcha painting?" They said leaning over Larry.

"Kinda just random shapes, Ash sent me some pictures of the art she's doing in art school and it inspired me. " Larry said.

"I see, well it looks good so far!" Y/n said.

" thanks dude, also whatcha doing here you hardly EVER leave your room." Larry being dramatic with like always.

"Though I'd just hang here for a bit, Sal said he had a surprise for me later so until then I wanted to come check up on ya." They said sitting on a bean bag.

"Oooh, you got any guesses on what it could be?" Larry said painting on the white canvas.

"Not really, I'm hoping it's food honestly." They said looking up at the ceiling.

"Sally dude's not a big "surprise" person, so this must be important " he said turning to Y/n.

"Maybe, well I'll just have to see then." They said raising up.

"Wanna play some video games?" Y/n said.

"You know it!" Larry said throwing a pillow at them.

•Time Skip brought to you by Gizmos shower cap•

"Well it's getting close to 8, so I should probably start getting ready."

Y/n said laying on the bed Larry and Y/n had watched about 3 cringe horror movies to kill time.

"Sounds good I'm tired as hell anyway. Have fun dude." Larry said smiling at you.

"Thanks big bro, I appreciate it." They said hugging him then leaving.

You walk to your apartment.  but you noticed your mom was sitting on the couch.

"Hey.. Y/n could I talk to you for a second." She said

"Uh, yeah.. Sure. " You said looking towards her not knowing what could happen.

"I'm sorry... " she said slowly

"Your sorry?" You said not understanding

What I mean is im sorry, for everything. I know I wasn't the best mother.. Or more like I wasn't a good mother at all but I really do wanna change if you'll let me y/n."

She said making eye contact with you now..

After everything you didn't feel like you could accept it but you couldn't do anything but learn to.

"Its gonna take awhile for me to fully accept it and trust you again but, thank you."

And with that you walked to your room closing the door.

You put on your F/O with some shoes and put your hair up  (if you have short hair put it however you like)

You walked out your apartment door leaving everything to see the person you loved the most.

When you exited the Elevator you were greeted by a gleaming sal, he had on a white shirt with a soft yellow sweatshirt over it and some grey jeans and his signature blue shoes and his hair in a bun.

"You look beautiful. " he said holding your hand.

"You don't look so bad your self." You teased him

"Not my usually wardrobe, but I thought it be nice to switch it up for today." He said looking forward.

"Where exactly are we going, especially since it's nighttime?"

You questioned looking at all the car lights passing by and the wet street and the fluorescent store lighting.

"To our old school." He said still walking holding your hand ever so softly

"Oh, why?"

"You ask a lot of questions, you know that" he said laughing.

You get embarrassed and turn your head.

"Well anybody would wanna know so you can't blame me" you said shoving him slightly.

"Heh, yeah I guess your right." He said pulling you in next to him.

You reached your old school, Nockfell High a place where you made the most memories besides the tree house.

"After you" he said holding the door

"Oh why thank you good sir" you bowed dramatically.

You both chuckled

There were small fairy lights illuminating the hallway of old lockers leading to the Gym.

When you walked in your were shocked as to what you saw

There was a disco ball on the ceiling and a blue light covering the whole room and muffled music in the background as well

"What.. Is all this?" You said hesitantly.

"It's for you, we never got to properly have a prom together so I thought we could try again, dance with you this time"

He said grabbing your hand leading you to the center.

"May I have this dance"  he said putting his hand out, his mask was off and I could see all his beautiful features and scarring.

"Of course" you said smiling at him, resting your head on his chest hand in hand.

It was like the earth was circling you, the smell of the school gymnasium hadn't changed.

It was like he shined through the night, letting the world spare me just this once.

He let me let go, into my own world.

It was like the earth was piecing me together in a merciful way. 

I always thought we never changed but somewhere between then & now, here & there, i guess we didn’t just grow more. we grew up.

"I love you, Y/n" he said looking at me sweetly.

"I love you to, Sal."  I said and kissed him softly.

Just Two Slow Dancers in a room dancing to their hearts content.

                                •End•