Prologue

~18:30; Dorm Room~

I wipe my tears while looking at the phone screen. I haven't left the dorm room to go out anywhere except the classes. I have been miserable for the past three months. It has been three months since I last saw Jungkook, heard his voice, or felt his touches. I miss him, but what he did is unforgivable. For a moment, I thought about forgetting about everything but the way he kissed that girl. It flashes in front of my eyes every time I think about the past.

Everyone has their happy ending, but where is mine? My love story was loveless. It was just an act... Just pretentious. I changed my room after that incident. I can't bear the sight of the girls or the guys. "Ray?" I wipe my eyes again and look at my new roommate, Jessie.

"Yeah?"

"I was thinking if you wanna go out?" After what all happened, Jessie only took care of me. She was the only shoulder I had to cry upon. "It has been three months. Why don't you just... Move on?"

"I am trying, Jessie," She looks at my devastated state. "I just... I..."

"Miss him?" Jessie hugs me, making me break down in her embrace. "You still love him?" She hesitates while asking. She knows it is sensitive to me.

"Jessie, what did I do to deserve this?" She sits next to me on the bed. "I tried to be so perfect for him. I tried everything, but he still... he still didn't love me."

"Ray, listen, what happened is past. If you wanna still live in it, then talk to him. If not, then try to move on. You have been in this room for three months. You haven't eaten anything properly, and don't get me started on sleep," I sigh and rub my face. "Let's go out? A walk, perhaps?"

"I don't-"

"Here, put on your leggings. We can maybe get ice cream?" I sigh, watching her enter the washroom.

"Ray, quit it! You should love yourself and move on from that asshole. He wasn't worth your love. He was... He was... a jerk!" I try to convince myself to get out of bed, but I feel weak. I feel like something is missing. I need something to be the Ray I was. "After finals, let's just get out of here."

I put on my leggings before Jessie burst into the room again. "Thank god, I don't have to pull you out," I smile at her. Both of us walk out of the room.

~ 18:45; Cafeteria ~

"And then I will conquer the world," I chuckle at Joe's joke. He accompanied us to get food. I am hungry, but I don't feel like eating anything. "Anyway, do you wanna go for dinner this weekend?"

"I don't know. Finals are near," I take a small bite of my sandwich. "You two can go."

"Not without you," Joe nods, agreeing with Jessie. "Maybe after finals or sometime?" I nod, giving up. "Okay, done then," I chuckle at her enthusiastic response. My cheerful environment suddenly started to get blue. I feel the same chills.

"What happened, Ray?" I look at the entrance to see him. Jeon Jungkook. "Ray?" Jungkook looks over my side, locking our stares. He stands there frozen while I sit on my seat. My heart starts to pace up just by seeing him. My eyes feel relieved after glancing at him. "Ray?"

"I need to go," I get up quickly. "Bye," Joe holds me back. "Leave me."

"Why?" I look over at Jungkook. Joe and Jessie do the same. "Oh... You haven't talked to him?"

"There is nothing left for us to talk about," Joe releases my wrist.

"We are over."

____

~ˣₒˣₒ Pals~ ♡