Emery Rose

This is for Jana and Ash, to redeem myself for the last one shot. Xx

It is considered a part II of 7 hours & 15 days.

Enjoy!

***

Four months passed since Robert's accident. Four months he spent getting stronger and ready to go back to work.

Being a home together and watching their baby grows was something that help them both heal from the trauma they went through.

Andy was on light duty. She didn't want to stop working and Robert understood that. She mostly spent time at the station and occasionally would be on AidCar.

As much as she loved spending time with her husband at home, she needed other activities that she also enjoy.

She was barely showing. Being almost 6 moths pregnant and there was barely a bump. Carina said it's normal thing and most importantly baby was developing amazing.

Today was finally a day that Robert was cleared for duty. He's been waiting for this moment for 2 months now. The doctor wanted him to heal properly and be ready and back in full force so he needed extra 2 months of exercising and getting his shape back.

Since Andy was on light duty, he coming back was meant that he will now get back at being battalion chief but act captain on the calls and she will stay at the station and take care of the paperwork and stuff.

Boring job but it's better than nothing. They managed to get this agreement with the chief and it was amazing.

Andy wanted to throw him a coming back party at the station with team. They were on shift and the plan was to prepare dinner and get some balloons and Andy will tell him to swing by the station. She knew that if he knew what was the occasion he wouldn't come or she would beg him to come. He was comfortable with the team and they spent times together during his recovery but he didn't like surprises. Neither did she but they would surprise one another from time to time.

So they arranged everything and Andy put station out of service for 2 hours so they'll eat in peace. She was in her office when she heatd the front door opening. It was Robert. She knew he will come to her office first so she waited for him not bothered to move.

- Hey. He said entering the office.

- Hey. Come sit. Dinner is not ready yet.

Andy was sitting in her chair, legs on the table.

- I see baby is not messing around.

- My feet are killing me today. Andy let out a sigh.

Robert pulled a chair and came to her side taking her feet in his lap.

- Nothing what massage can't fix.

- Exactly what I needed. Andy throw back her head in chair out of pleasure.

- I swear I'll start to wear flip flops since my feet are starting to swell, it's insane.

Robert chuckled at her statement and Andy kept her eyes closed, enjoying the massage.

- You are the one who wanted to work.

- I am. And I'm not regretting it, just sometimes. Like today. I was on AidCar and I think I picked the wrong day since AidCar is the only ones who got the calls.

- Andy! Light duty. We agreed on that.

- Relax. I only went out for 2 calls the rest Travis took over. She said never opening her eyes.